I love you

The song will go at the *

~Ruby's POV~

"Where are we going?" Sapphire missed the turn on the freeway. 

She thinks for a moment before responding. "You need a vacation. From your dad and mom and gang. We'll take the long coastal route home for a few days. How does that sound?" She smiles at me while I ponder the idea. It sounds nice. A few days with just Sapphire? No it sounds perfect.

"Okay fine. But lets not tell anyone where we are. I don't want anything or anyone coming for us."

"Deal." Sapphire makes a turn onto a ramp that's labeled Los Banos.

...

The sun has started to go down but it'll probably still be light out for an hour. I love long summer days. Sapphire is still driving but I think we're getting close. I watch as she drives. She's always so careful, always using her blinker, always pays 100% attention to the road. She barely gets road rage! It's crazy, even I was cussing out a few jerkwads on the way here. But she just laughed.

"Sapphy how are you always so calm on the road? Or calm in general? It amazes me."

She just giggles a bit before responding, "I know they all have somewhere important to go too. Maybe going home to their kids or spouses, late for a night shift or dinner reservation. So it doesn't bother me as much. No use in yelling if the can't hear us anyway."

"But don't you ever need to release any anger? Yelling feels nice sometimes."

The car starts driving through a city. I guess we're here. "I suppose it could. But I have no need to be angry right now. I really happy where I am." She turns and looks at me through her soft blue bangs. A bit of blonde is starting to show from her roots.

"You're really pretty." I blurt out stupidly. She just giggles while stopping the car at a gas station.

"You're beautiful," she replies. I blush and cover my face.

"Sapphiiiire! I'm supposed to make those comments!"

"Says who?" she asks.

"Says society's standards on lesbian couples."

We both look at each other with a straight face. Well at least she is, I bust out laughing as she giggles quietly. 

"Oh," I wipe a tear from my eye, "Oh my gosh I'm hilarious Sapphire."

She opens her door. "Yeah yeah haha. Come on let's go get snacks."

I jump out of the car and reach over to hold her hand securely. She locks the trunk and we head into the mini store. She lets go to go to the bathroom so I just start gathering a few things. What kind of chips does she like? Does she drink soda? Maybe we should just get water?

Over the aisle, I see the bathroom door open and the top of her little blue head walk out.  I smile to myself. I grab some random chips and walk to the aisle she's in.

"Hey Sapphire I didn't know which you'd like so I grabbed them all!" I look down and immediately become filled with rage. On the ground is Sapphire with another guy standing over her, holding onto her arm pretty tight. 

"Hey! You fucking cunt get the hell off her!" I drop everything and run over to them, tackling the guy and punching him straight and clean in the face. All I can see is red. How fucking dare he touch Sapphire! To think this guy could've hurt her! The thought alone makes me punch this dickhead harder, my fists balling up tighter. 

"You'll. Fucking. Learn. Not. To. Touch. A. Girl!"

"RUBY! STOP!" I hear Sapphire yell. She never yells. I stop my movements and look in her direction. "Ruby I'm fine. Get off him. He was only helping me up after I slipped!" She gestures towards a wet floor sign that is sitting next to here.