Final Week

*Monday*

~Sapphire's POV~

This weekend has been pretty chaotic. Ruby stayed both Saturday and Sunday and finished the project. I helped as much as I could but I also had all my other homework and then ballet work. She was kind enough to try helping me with my homework too but in all honesty, she had no idea what she was doing. 

On Saturday Amethyst brought Ruby all her stuff and some extra clothes. Ruby opened up to me about her dad and her always arguing lately and that she didn't really feel like going home. I was fine with it. We were able to fix everything so everything is as normal as ever.

Currently, we're driving to school to finally finish off Junior year. I'm excited but I can tell Ruby is conflicted.

"Ruby, what's wrong?"

"Hmm?" She snaps out of her fixed stare, "Oh it's nothing."

I roll up my window to keep the wind from blowing my words away. "I know it seems like I know everything that's going on and a lot of the time I do. But with you, I barely have any idea of what you're going to do or thinking. That's why you promised to tell me when things get bad."

She rolls up her window and turns the AC on. "It's not that it's bad. It's just that junior year is over. As soon as the senior year starts they'll be pressuring us about college and I just have no idea what I'm going to do." The car pulls into the parking lot and she takes her keys out, resting her head on the steering wheel.

"I'm not even good at anything other than fighting and baseball. I lost all scout opportunities after my fight with Jasper so I'm kinda stuck here."

I rest my hand on her shoulder. "You aren't stuck. You still have some time to figure out what you want to be. And who cares about those scouts? You're still good at baseball. Any college would be lucky to have you. "

She just shrugs and sits up, staring ahead into the full parking lot. "I really don't know how much time I have left. Dad could pull me at any moment."

"He won't. You would never let that happen. And if you can't figure out your future before we graduate then you'll just come with me. Where ever I go."

She starts to get out of the car. "I don't know I'd practically be bumming around as you succeed in life."

"I'm fine with a bum. Especially your bum," I joke, laughing in the red truck as she laughs outside.

"Oh my gosh Sapphire, come on we're gonna be late."

*Tuesday*

~Sapphire's POV~

"Careful! Hey, watch it!" Ruby and I are rushing to class with our art final. It's practically identical to the original and has come close to destruction three times.

"Oh shit!" Four times.

"Ruby just let me carry it!" 

"No no I've got it," she insists.

"You said that last time and the time before that and it nearly keeps breaking!" I can't stress enough how important this stupid set design is.

She hugs it close to her chest, gently,  and turns away from me. "This is our CHILD, Sapphire. I'll protect it no matter what."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "I have just as much custody over our child as you do. And it's my turn to carry her."

She gasps and steps even farther from me. "Did you just assume our child's gender?"