Kiss It, Make It Better

*Edit 7/21/18: I honor of today's amazing Steven Universe reveal at Comic-Con, I decided to double update! Enjoy*

You already know what time it is ;) Get ready, you'll know when to play the song. ;;;;;;;)

~Ruby's POV~ 

I'm currently walking Sapphire home, holding her hand. Slightly internally screaming again. I can't believe what happened tonight. She's still here. With me.

"So who else knows about this?" Sapphire breaks the silence halfway to her place.

"My best friend Amethyst. She's actually in it too. But uh she joined when she had nowhere else to go back when she was 12. I was there to jump her in and we've been close ever since. Kinda fucked up but yeah. That's how it is." I shrug, "The gang is a really close family. Not like the kind of thing you see on TV. We always have each other's backs."

"Is Jasper in it too?" Oof.

"No," I state simply.

"Really? Out of the three of you, I would've assumed she was a gang member. For being such a nasty person."

I'm slightly offended. "Sapphire not all gangs are full of 'Nasty people'. A lot of them had nowhere else to go. At least in the gang, they have food and support."

"You're right, I'm sorry. That was rude of me to say." I only nod and she holds my hand a little tighter. "Pearl isn't gonna like that though, knowing that I'm dating a gang member and another one gave her a hickey." I laugh a little.

"Let's not tell anyone that though. It's a secret."

"Oh yeah. Of course."

"But yeah I heard about that. Ames was worried that she may have fucked Pearl because she couldn't remember past making out with her."

Sapphire snickers a little. "Oh my gosh, I hope she doesn't think that still. For sure they didn't."

"So what was up with Pearl's girlfriend? Is she gonna be an issue? Because I'd really like to see Ames and Pearl together. That would be kinda cool."

"No Pearl and Sabina broke up before the party," Sapphire states. 

"Hmm."

We keep walking until we pass a car with a few guys in letterman jackets sitting around it. They had the letter D on their backs. I knew something was going to happen. I pull Sapphire to the other side of me, farther from the Diamonds and hold her close to me by her waist.

"Ruby-"

"Just keep walking, look forward, don't say anything," I whisper in her ear. She nods and keeps walking, even putting her head on my shoulder for extra flare. We kept walking and I see one of them notify the other two guys about us walking past. I hear them whistle at us and get up.

One of them starts speaking. "Well look at this guys. A Gem dyke. Rare to see these days." I put my hand in my pocket and grab my switchblade just in case. We keep walking and ignore them. 

"Hey blue girl! Come over here ma, I can be fun." Ugh, they're fucking disgusting. I hold Sapphire closer to me.

"Hey I'm talking to you," I see his hand go toward Sapphire and nearly grab her shoulder. My reflexes kick in and before he can touch her, I pull my knife from my pocket and point it at his stomach, holding Sapphire securing against my back. She gasps at the quick action.

"I dare you," I say. I'm seething with anger. The rest of his guys get up to back him up. Cute. "I dare you to try coming near us again."

He puts his hands up and backs up with a smug face. I know him and his guys are unarmed.