Innocent? Really?

~Ruby's POV~

"Eden."

"Russ."

"Eden."

" Russ."

"Eden."

"Sapphy, my car. We're playing Russ. Final decision." 

Sapphire leans back in the passenger seat with a pout as we cross the city limit and hit the highway. "You're lame."

I chuckle while handing her my phone. "Well I guess that makes you lame too, we're lame together. Play Psycho, Pt. 2, please." She just sighs while finding the song on Spotify. 

"How long is it until we get to the prison?" I cringe at the word. I may have just processed that we're on the way to see my mom. In a prison facility. I'm not really good with cops.

"Maybe 4 hours. We'll make stops though." Sapphire only leans farther back in her seat, putting her feet up on the dash carefully. "Have you talked to her since that call at Lori's?"

"No. Well I called the... facility to let them know mom will be having visitors today but otherwise no." Sapphy just nods, listening to the music.

 "I'm getting carried away, let's get married today, fuck, Here we go again like Whitesnake back in the day. I'm crazy and you crazy too."

"Have you ever thought of getting married?" Sapphire says out of nowhere.

"w-What?" I sputter in surprise while looking at her.

"Ruby the road," she says calmly. I look back and quickly swerve back into our lane as cars honk at us.

"And I didn't mean us. Just in general."

"Um no not really. I've never thought of myself as the marrying type, none the less actually being in a relationship." Sapphire nods again and looks out the window.

"Well not until recently," I whisper. I look over and see the tiniest smile show up on her delicate features. She looks at my phone and clicks on a new song

 "Baby, you're a one of one to me and I know I should probably wife you up. And baby I swear I'm done with these other women, they don't mean shit to me."

"Sapphire I knew you'd play that one." She just giggles and looks at me for a second. There's a sweet silence as-

"Yeah no, we're putting on Eden." 

...

"Put all personal effects in the bin please." Sapphire puts in her mini backpack and I place my wallet, phone, and keys in. Sapphire walks through the scanner and I follow, then we grab our things and go check in.

"Here to see Rouge Burns."

"Both of you?"

"Yes please," I tell her while grabbing Sapphire's hand tightly.

"Alright. The visiting room is the door to the right down the hall." I nod stiffly and make my way there, breathing heavily.

"You ready?" Sapphire asks as we stand in front of the door. I can see my mom waiting patiently at a table through the window.

"Y-yeah. It's not like I haven't seen her in person in years."

"How long has it actually been?"

"We haven't been able to come since my dad's last biggest escapade so like 4-5 years?" I respond as I rub the back of my head nervously.

Sapphire takes a step forward and gives me a peck on the cheek, calming me down a little. "Everything will be alright, okay?"

"Yeah," I say hopefully. "Yeah. Okay, let's go in." Sapphire nods.