「6」_Easiest part

Please do mind your comments, I do not like addressing hateful slurs when it can be avoided by not commenting at all.

픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂

First POV

"Buhara, Please don't interfere." Menchi said coolly. "I'm sorry, but it kind of looks like you were going to kill him if I didn't step in." Buhara said honestly, making Menchi stand up.

"Maybe." Menchi responded. "Let's get this straight. We frequently go to dangerous places of the beasts just to find the perfect ingredients. And every hunter has to know some type of martial art. And you know what? All of you lack that." She said.

"And that alone, disqualifies all of you from becoming hunters." She said as everyone became quiet. "Well, with that said. It's a shame to disqualify every single one of the applicants." We all look upwards and see a jet or hot air balloon thingy.

I was confused, I had never seen that before. What is that? "That's the symbol of the hunters association!" I heard from the crowd. "Is it someone from the selection committee?" Another asked no one. Symbol? Selection committee?

And then a gust of wind formed around a body as they jumped from the mysterious vehicle. The person landed on the ground, fully unharmed like they already did it quite a few many times before. The strong wind made everyone else skid away slightly on the ground.

The impact of the person will surely leave a mark on mother nature's ground. Everyone coughs, the dust and small rocks hitting them like a storm. With extended arm to block the flying pebbles, I watch the mysterious man, whose walking calmly towards the two examiners

He's strong. And he is. With that powerful light around him, I can sense that he's stronger than any of us here. Even Menchi seemed surprised by the sudden visit. Menchi steps forward, slightly showing her respect for the old man.

"The chairman of the selection committee. He's in charge of the hunter exam... Chairman Netero." Menchi introduced him to us. And, again with the selection committee.

"Well, I work behind the scenes. I only take action when there's an issue, like now." He informed us. "Neh, Menchi-kun..." He called. I flushed at the nickname. Kun? What? Is Menchi-san a...?

"You failed all of the applicants because you disapproved of their hesitation to try new things?" He asked and I saw his eyes slowly going down before quickly meeting her eyes again. I'm angry.

"No, sir. I lost my cool when one of the candidates insulted the gourmet hunters. And I made the exam harder than necessary." She said apologetically, though I'm still mad at the old geezer.

"In other words, you're aware that this exam was unacceptable." "Yes. When cooking is involved, I lose control. I'm unqualified to be an examiner. I will resign as examiner, so please redo the second phase!"

The old man hummed in thought. "But it would be difficult to find another examiner on such short notice." "I apologize..." "Okay. How about this? I'd like you to continue serving as an examiner. But you must participate in the next test you propose." The old man offered.

"Is that acceptable? I'm certain that will help the applicants to accept the results." He said, making Menchi close her eyes in thought. "Then the new challenge will be... Boiled eggs!" The ruckus began around us as everyone became confused. Boiled eggs?

"Chairman, can you take us to Mt. Split-in-half in your airship?" Menchi asks as she points towards the sky. Well, to the airship. "Mt. Split-in-half? I see what you're doing. I certainly can." He said cheerfully.