「14」_I have to

Please do mind your comments, I do not like addressing hateful slurs when it can be avoided by not commenting at all.

픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂픂

First POV

I teared myself away from the group. Kurapika asked me where I was going but I just spoke one word. "Gon." They understood and asked me permission to accompany Gon later for his lone orientation.

They went inside the room while I walked around the place trying to sense where Gon is. With my sadness interfering, I can't concentrate clearly.

But after a few minutes of wandering around, Satotz, the First Phase examiner approached me slowly and told me where Gon is. We came in together to his room and waited for him to wake up.

Hours later, he suddenly jolted awake and Satotz close his book gently. I was leaning beside the doorframe. "You're awake?" "Where am I?" Gon asked.

"A waiting room, next to the arena for the Final Phase." While Gon looks around his eyes trailed on me and stare. "Upsy-daisy..." I stare at Satotz in amusement as he moves his chair beside Gon's bed.

"Right. I was in the middle of the Hunter Exam." He looked down at his immobilized left arm. "Your arm will heal quickly. The break was very clean. In fact, once it heals, the bone will be stronger than before."

"Congratulations on passing the exam." Gon looked down at his extended hand. "Satotz-san, I-" "You can't." The mouthless man took his wrist and shook his hand.

"Just as someone who has failed the exman can no longer pass, someone who has passed the exam can no longer fail. The rest is up to you." Satotz looked at him with soft eyes.

"If you feel you are unqualified to be a pro, you are free to destroy or put away your license. You can even sell it, since no one else will be able to use it."

"However, a person who has passed the exam will not be allowed to take it again. Professional Hunters are treated well, largely due to our predecessors' efforts."

"Hence, there are many applicants who harbor ill intentions. If it weren't for them, we would accept every person who applied." Satotz gave Gon his pouch, where when opened, he saw his own Hunter license inside.

"Most professional Hunters consider this card more valuable than their own lives, yet no more than a worthless scrap of paper at the same time. The important thing is what you accomplish once you become a Hunter."

Yeah, There are many paths to take after you get your Hunter license. I was thinking about this when we encountered menchi and buhara who're both Gourmet Hunters. Since then I was thinking that maybe there are other things connected to being a Hunter.

"Gon-kun, you can decide for yourself when you're ready to use this card. I have faith in your judgment." Gon took it from his hand with care.

"Okay! A lot of people helped me reach this point. I'll use this once I've returned the favor." Gon declared. "Then allow me to congratulate you." Satotz offered his hand again.

Gon took it. "Thank you, Satotz-san. What about the other applicants? The exam, is it still going?" He asked once realization hit him.

"No, the exam is over." "Really?" Gon asked in disbelief. I removed myself from the wall and sat beside him before falling to my back.

"You slept for nearly the entire day." I said to him, "Really?" Satotz nodded at him. "The others who passed are currently completing a brief orientation. You will undergo the orientation later, with your friend here." Satotz informed.