one

Jade was always one to have her nose in a book, enjoying the sweet sounds of nature. Although she disliked being around people because of how much of a loner she was, she tried to ignore them. The sounds of birds chirping, the feeling of wind blowing against her face and especially the warmth of the climate made her feel a lot better. She liked how it felt to be curled up on the couch, flipping through pages of her favorite novel or how it felt when she checked out a book from the library. It definitely made her feel less of a loner because it actually felt like she had something that she liked, something she liked holding on to. 

Since Jade didn't have a car and her parents disliked the idea of her driving, she had to take the bus. The bus had different types of scents, it was rather disgusting. People were pushed up against each other, Jade was certainly not fond of it, especially since she was claustrophobic.

Cringing, she gripped the pole that was right beside her when she felt like she was about the fall. Gosh, people were such animals. In her other hand, she held the book she just finished reading a few days ago, it was time to return it and pick out a new one. This was what excited her. There were so many books and genres to choose from, so many different plots that would make her feel like she's the character and not the reader. She chose those types of books because she thought of it as being as on an adventure even though she didn't like traveling.

The bus stopped after thirty minutes of being pushed and squeezed by random people. Jade quickly ran off the bus, breathing in and out slowly. "What the hell." She breathed out.

The library was located just two blocks down from where she was and it didn't take long for her to finally arrive.

She stupidly pushed the pull door, making a fool of herself when she kept pushing it over and over again.

"Are you having trouble there?" A voice sounded behind her, she whipped her head to see someone with ray bans on.

Why was he wearing sunglasses? There wasn't any sunlight at the moment, the clouds blocked the sun from shining down on everybody. Maybe he liked it so much and decided to wear it? There was no problem with that, it was just something Jade kept asking herself, it wasn't serious though so she just looked away.

"I wasn't looking at what I was doing." She laughed, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Oh, it sounded like you were trying to break the door down, but do you mind holding it open for me please?" The stranger asked her.

Nodding, this time she pulled the door open for the stranger and watched as he walked in. Jade looked confusingly at the white long stick his held, there were red and white stripes at the bottom.

Jade wondered silently to herself.. was he blind?