nine

Today was such a lazy day for Jade. Yes, she didn't do anything, she stayed locked in her room reading a book she found in her bookshelf that was named Looking for Alaska. She had heard really good comments on this book on the internet, so why not? The few minutes she read into the book, she had already finished two chapters of it and she was glued to it. Who wouldn't? It's John Green, everyone loves him.

Oddly enough, Jade found herself creeping over to the window to see if Calum was outside on his porch. You can say she found him cute, friendly and she found a lot of things about him intriguing. She thought a lot about the hardships of being blind. She remembered when he told her that he gets mad at himself when he can't see what he wants to. She wondered... Does he ever hate himself? Jade couldn't even imagine herself in his situation. 

A light bulb went off, she had an idea. Hurrying to her laptop, she quickly typed in 'books about blind people', the first link that came up was something about someone named Helen Keller. She read a quick biography about the woman and found her story really captivating. She wasn't born blind, but she ended up with scarlet fever which caused her to not be able to hear or see. Her story was remarkable and very saddening but it said that she learned to read by learning braille and such from her teacher.

This gave Jade a strong urge to hug Calum, she wanted to help him.