eleven

"How'd you like the ending of the first chapter?" Jade smiled, putting the book she was previously reading to Calum down right beside her. It was the day after their meeting at the bus stop and if you remembered, he had asked her if she could ever read him the book of Hellen Keller to him, which resulted with Jade being at his house. Every word she read, every page she flipped, Calum made sure to pay attention to every little thing.

Every time he heard the flipping of a page, he'd smile to himself and he didn't necessarily know why. He didn't know why he acknowledged every little thing she'd do, like when she would huff every time she stuttered during one of the sentences and when a groan slipped past her lips because a word she never has seen in her life came up in the book. It was funny. Calum loved how she read to him even though she made small mistakes, he thought it was cute. He'd do anything to hear her voice; it was like silver bells to his ears. He fell in love with the sound of her voice. Even though he couldn't see her face, it didn't bother him much, because he knew that even if he could see he'd beg to see her face each day.

"It was great, especially since it was you reading it to me." He grinned.

Jade blushed, thanking God that he couldn't see her pink burning cheeks and the way she nervously fiddled with her fingers. " I like your presence a lot." She giggled. "It makes me feel way better about myself because I'm such a loner."

He knew how she felt, he was the same way. He lived with his friend Michael, but he was hardly ever home. Most of the time Calum had to do things himself, and yeah it could be difficult, very difficult. However, it was going to happen soon, Michael was going to leave and he'd have to live life to figure things out on his own. He did feel empty and lost sometimes, as did jade, but in a whole different way.

"I like you, jade."

A sigh of relief slipped past her lips, "Oh good. I like you too, Calum, like a lot."

He put his hand out to her, touching her arm and moving up to where her lips were. He felt how soft they were and he bit his lip before leaning in the exact same spot where his finger was, kissing her softly. It took jade a few minutes to take in what he was doing, but she eventually kissed him back. Her stomach was filled with butterflies and she couldn't control the wonderful feeling of their kiss. it was electric.

She was glad that she met Calum because she shared her first kiss with him, and she'll always remember it.