thirteen

Day after day, Jade had been visiting Calum to read to him, and to hang around him. She was also coming around more often to talk to him and laugh at his attempts to make jokes. Nothing was awkward between the two, and that's what they both hoped for, they didn't want to be weird around one another because that would make things change between them.

They were almost finished with the eighth chapter of the book. The chapters were extremely long and the both of them wondered why because all they wanted to do after was just sit and converse. As soon as Jade was done with the chapter, she curled the page they were suppose to read next and laid her head down on the pillow. They were currently on Calum's bed and the two sat in complete silence, and it wasn't awkward. Calum found his way to her hair and tangled his fingers in it, brushing through them. She pulled herself closer and closer to him as she now rested her head on his chest. She smiled as his chest grew up and down from his breathing, it was the most comfortable thing in the world. Shutting her eyes, all she could think about was him.

The longer the two cuddled, Jade knew in the moment he found her ear and whispered sweet nothings into it, she found herself falling for him. The way their legs were wrapped around each others and how he still brushed his fingers through her beautiful soft hair. She wanted him, and he wanted her. Little did they know was that they'd be together soon, and they'd have days often like this.