five

Jade had been curious, curious about Calum being blind and all. Ever since the day at the library, she has wanted to know how it feels to be blind. Was it liked you were surrounded in darkness? Did it feel like you were lost? She wanted to know more about him and his life. Was he born blind? or did something unfortunate happen? And why was he always in the library if he couldn't see or read any of the books? That's all she could wonder, and she did feel a bit nosey since it was his life and maybe he wanted to keep it private.

Jade brushed a strand of hair away from her face as the wind kept blowing it into her face over and over again. She sighed, before going back to reading her book. The park was such a wonderful place to spend your time. The atmosphere was fantastic and it made jade want to stay out a little longer; she was supposed to be going home early to help her mum out with dinner. Of course, all she wanted to do was at least finish three or four chapters of her book while she could, but it seemed like that wasn't going to happen.

Tucking the novel she was currently reading under her arm, she pulled herself up and began her way through the long route to her house. The walk was very peaceful. Nobody really passed by her, only a few people, but they were minding their business. The wind blew her brunette hair in her face only a few times, but she ignored it. When arriving at her destination, before jade was just about to step into her house, she noticed something, she noticed someone.

Calum sat on his front step. Jade wondered what was going through that mind of his. Stupidly, she waved at him, soon remembering about him being blind. How embarrassing.