ten

It was a regular Wednesday afternoon, Jade was at the library like usual, picking out a book she could read. The books in the teen fiction section didn't have many books. She saw the book 'The Fault in Our Stars', but that seemed too mainstream. Everyone seemed to be reading the book, watching the movie and quoting some of their favorite sentences. Although John Green is a very good author, she wanted a book that wasn't big, one that people hardly knew. Or maybe just a simple book that stood out from all the other ones. Her eyes scanned the rows of books until she stopped and took one out. The cover was of a girl with curly hair and she was wearing a two-piece swimsuit, there was a pool visible in the cover along with the Mayflower ship. Cringing, she put the book back and went on into a different section of genres.

She ended up in the biography area and smiled to herself when she remembered the book about Hellen Keller. As if the book was her whole life, she went into deep search for it. When Jade found it you could say she was quite satisfied. Making her way to the counter, she handed the librarian the book, waiting for her to scan it.

Jade didn't want to stay at the library, she wanted to hurry home and read it in her room or at the bus stop. When she arrived at the bus stop she checked what time the bus was supposed to come and it was in a half an hour. She turned to walk toward the bench and noticed the tan boy sitting there. Calum.

She didn't want to come off creepy so she coughed to see if he would react, and like the usual, he did.

"Hello?" he asked, moving his head around in different directions even though he couldn't see anything.

A smile overtook her face as she looked at him. "Oh wow, hey Cal." she pretended as if she didn't notice him.

Calum's stomach fluttered at the nickname she gave him and it was visible that he was blushing. He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck, "Hey, Jade... Didn't see you there either." He joked.

Jade shook her head, letting out a giggle. "I just came from the library and I picked up this book about Hellen Keller." She smiled even brighter, "it reminded me of you, you know?"

He nodded, "Who is she?"

"A woman who was blind and deaf. She got a lot of help to read and she learned braille. It seemed interesting so I bought it."

"You think you could read it to me sometime?" He paused, "I like listening to you speak, you have a beautiful voice."

It took jade all the courage to not kiss him right there and then. She liked him, He was straightforward of what he thought about her and she liked that, a lot. Her cheeks were an insane color of pink and she couldn't get over it. He was so sweet and cute, she wanted to hug him.

"Yeah, Calum. Sure."