1. a mechanic finds a robot

Y/n is a simple mechanic living miles away from civilization near a highway nearly nobody uses. It's not a preferred spot, as she genuinely liked the city life and a lot of her friends still live there. But she's got her cozy two bedroom house, garage and a scrapyard adjacent to it. In this deserted wasteland she can tinker to her hearths content. 

Y/n is in the scrapyard trying to find useful pieces for a car she's been fixing. Suddenly a purple jet plane flies right over her house, barely missing the garage roof. The powerful engine kicks up a cloud of sand. She coughs and covers her eyes, blinking them open just in time to see the plane hit the ground. 

Y/n races towards the crash site as fast as she can in her tow-truck.

"Holy shit that's not an airplane that's a giant robot." It seems damaged quite badly and is trashing around. 'Is it panicking?'  

"Hey! Hey giant robot! Could you please calm down? You're damaging yourself!" Y/n tries to catch its attention.

No sign it understands or even hears her. Its too dangerous to approach it further, it could squash her and not even know. What to do? Call the government? Try patching it up herself? Lets first stop it from tearing itself apart. But how? She can't throw a rock at it, it might provoke the thing.

Y/n starts to panic. What the hell even is this giant robot? What will happen if the government found her with it? Should she just go? ...But it looks like it needs help, she can't just go.

In an effort to calm herself more than anything Y/n starts singing. [[Abstract Neverland]]

"There was a time when I was alone
Nowhere to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away, too."  This time her voice does seem to catch the robots attention. The giant purple bot seems to calm down so Y/n sings a little louder for it.

"Then one night, as I closed my eyes
I saw a shadow flying by
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for a while
He said,
"Peter Pan, that's what they call me. I promise that you'll never be lonely."
And ever since that day..."

______________

The human is singing for him. It's voice is smooth and calm but he is unable to make out the words. Strange, the data tells him its the *local earth language: English* yet Soundwave can not understand. Why is it singing? Such an odd thing...

Oh, he's showing stressed behavior. Looks like in his search for his limbs Soundwave made his wounds worse. He didn't even realize. He did hit his helm in the crash.. Scrap, he's really out of it. An effort to calm him down perhaps? Soundwave, focusing on the tone of voice as an anchor, manages to stop his frame from trashing around and his servos from digging into his wings. 

The organic gestures behind it. That's a truck. *international 4700 semi truck* a normal one from what he can tell.. it'd be quite bad for him if that is an Autobot. Human is trying to tell him something.

*rebooting audio receptors*

"....can take...safe.....find you...please..try?" The words are chopped off and muted like they are under water. The human gestures to the car behind it again.

It wants to take him somewhere? Somewhere safe? Or is it saying this place isn't safe? Soundwave scans the area around him. Its open space for miles. He feels too exposed. If this human stumbled upon him per chance there's not much time before others do as well. He can't allow himself to be captured. He needs to get away from here. 

The TIC staggers on his pedes as he pushes himself up. Energon gushes out of him with the movements and he almost crashes back down. He barely catches himself with his servos and extra appendages, severely straining his wings in the process. Soundwave isn't getting anywhere on his own at the moment. He has no other choice but to trust this human isn't working for his enemies as he crawls onto the back of the truck.

The human climbs on the roof of the car to put a large sheet over him like a blanket, gets behind the wheel and drives off. To keep him hidden? No it looks too suspicious. His frame is still shaking, does it think he's cold? Illogical. *current location Colorado desert* The sheet does keep the dust and sand out of his vents, but the human can't have that knowledge.

His memory files pull up information he's gathered about human behavior. Humans often use blankets for comfort after a shocking event. Could that have been it's motivation? It would fit with it's earlier behavior of trying to calm him down. How curious, humans usually see him as an unfeeling robot. Granted..everyone sees him that way, some days even he himself.  Which makes this quite confusing. He should stop trying to analyze an organics hypothetical motivations, its making his processor overheat.

Soundwave's audio receptors pick up a droning sound from inside the car. 

*Rebooting audio receptors*

No wait, that is music. Most probable origin the trucks radio. He can hear the humans voice again, singing along with words he can't quite make out without straining himself. The sound this human makes is actually quite pleasant. When is the last time he found something pleasant? Not the time to go through his memory files.

The human drives them to a fairly sized structure (for human standards) with...Is that a scrapyard? Well..That's not foreboding at all. Is it too late to transform and fly away?

*unable to transform with current damage*

...

Space bridge?

*com link offline* *unable to connect with the Nemesis*

Right.

"............." The human says something as it lifts up a door on the bigger structure. A few cars stand inside in different stages of disrepair. Its quite spacious for a human garage, he'll fit comfortably with room to spare. The door doesn't look like it would stop him if he wanted out. But the scrapyard still makes him mildly apprehensive.

The human apparently caught him looking at the old, half taken apart cars.

*Rebooting audio receptors*

"...no worri.. I'm not....take..apart.. promi....more in...fi... stuff. Though...no idea.....an fix.. gian...bot." 

Soundwave scans the garage. There are some tools that could be useful. He is no Knockout but he can manage some emergency repairing. At the very least he can stop the energon from leaking. His processor must really be out of whack, he thinks as he sits down in the middle of the garage. The human seems to insist on assisting him. It appears this organic knows more about what it's doing then it previously eluded to, repairing and melding his wings and pedes with care. Although it didn't dare touch his helm or his audio receptors, which he is all the more glad for, since he wouldn't have allowed that anyway. Soon he is in a more functional state.

____________

"There, that should hold." Y/n steps back and eyes her work.

She is startled when the big robots chest suddenly let go. 'Oh shit did it break off?!' But when it starts hovering around she notices its bird shape. Y/n also sees one of its wing is barely holding on.

"Alrighty birdy c'mon down, I'll fix you up." 

"Lazerbeak." The robo-bird plays a recording of someone saying it's name. Its a smooth, deep, slightly robotic, male voice. It makes the big-bot look at the robo-bird, or Lazerbeak, strangely. It almost looks like they're having a conversation, but Y/n can't tell what, if anything, they are saying.

The moment passes so quickly she could have imagined it. Lazerbeak lands in front of her and Y/n gets to work 'till late in the night.