6. meeting a warlord

"mornin" Y/n mumbles as she chews on cold pizza.

Soundwave looks at her. Y/n can feel his judgement. Telling her to eat healthy foods.

Y/n narrows her eyes. "Shut your face. I'm a grown ass woman, I can have pizza for breakfast if I damn well wanna."

~

Simple research to fufil human needs has become a slight infatuation with everything human, or more accurately Y/n, related. The latest victim of his curiosity? His pet's hair.

"Soundwave?" He rubs Y/n's hair with his extra appendage then hovers it above and, making sure its not too much, applies a few volts. 

The result has Y/n flip out and running around in distraught.

"Noooo! Soundwave how could you?! My hair is all static! I just washed it this morning too. Noo it just.., my hair defies gravity! Whaahhaahyyy!"

Soundwave just stands there. Observing the wonderful destruction he has caused. This is very entertaining, he thinks.

______________

Y/n helps out Knockout and Breakdown in the medbay. She's mostly doing "unpaid intern" jobs. getting tools they need, refueling energon, any low level work they can't be bothered with. But she doesn't mind since she's learning a lot from just watching them. Knockout even gives her homework to study cybertronian biology. Soon Y/n is allowed to mend small wounds. Studying also helps with slang words, because she sounds too human.

~

"Hey tiny, get in there and repair these cables, otherwise I gotta cut em up more." Breakdown gestures to a vehicon on a operation table. 

Y/n gets her servos in the smallest scratches on the armor to repair the internal damage. Breakdown practically breathes down her neck and scrutinizes every move she makes for the most minute mistakes. "I said repair, not frag up even more."

~

"Hey what can you guys tell me about Megatron? He's the big boss right?" Y/n asks when theres a lull in the medbay.

Knockout doesn't look up from the tools he's cleaning. "First of it's Lord Megatron, you do best to remember that. We are after all still online only by his graciousness."

 "And he should never find out you're a fleshy, he'll squash you no doubt. Soundwaves pet or not." Breakdown adds.

"I'm sure you've read the summary; Legendary gladiator of Kaon turned ruthless tyrant yadda yadda..." Knockout waves it off. "Contrary to popular belief he's not unreasonable. Just keep your helm down in his presence and make yourself useful and you'll be fine."

_______________

Soundwave is reluctant to introduce Y/n to Megatron. He knows he has to if the human is going to work in the medbay. It'll be inevitable the two would meet, and i'd be more favorable if he were there. Yes, if Soundwave presents his pet himself it will go much smoother. But if anything goes wrong his lord won't hesitate to crush her. He's grown quite fond of his human pet in the last months, and wants to keep her safe.
And even if he convinces his lord, there's also Starscream.. He might be an even bigger obstacle. The cunning seeker has developed somewhat of a sixth sense when it comes to lies and deceit from others. It all depends whether the human can act convincingly enough to fool both the warlord and the seeker.

~

Y/n is gearing up for the day. "Today I'm going to meet the big boss right? Do you think he'll like me?"