2. the simple life

The following day Soundwave finds himself accompanying the human as he heals. Most of the time it's tinkering with old machinery. The human talks to him, a lot. He knows it's routine, activities, designations of this humans friends and enemies and a whole bunch of other useless information. Why would he be interested that it's favorite colour is purple? 

But for some inexplicable reason Soundwave doesn't mind. The human is quite intriguing and it's voice is pleasing to his still fuzzy audio receptors. Especially the singing, which the human seems to enjoy doing any time it hasn't spoken for more than a nano click. 

The human has asked him his designation, which he gave. It also asks him a bunch of other questions but doesn't stop long enough between them, even if he had wanted to answer any of them (he doesn't) he wouldn't have been able to. It seems it doesn't actually expect an answer.  

The human doesn't appear to be afraid of him. He's used to instilling at the very least discomfort around everyone but his minicons and his lord. Humans run from him in terror, as they should. 

Instead it just accepts Soundwave like "Yep this is my life now."

Soon the sun dips below the horizon. The darkness that follows brings with it a clear view of the surrounding galaxy. The human, whom had retreated in its housing some time ago, climbs out of a window and up to the roof. It lies down and wiggles around to make itself comfortable.

"Hey Soundwave." It greets with a tired smile. He gives a curt nod. It averts its gaze to the sky, and so does he.

"The stars sure are beautiful tonight ...I wonder if you are from somewhere out there Soundwave?"

The question felt almost rhetorical. Even so, he nods.

"woah." Its silent for a little while. This is probably the most silence he's had from this human.

"...I'm glad we're not the only ones. I mean, the universe is so big. Looking out at the stars, sometimes it made me feel lonely. Now it doesn't have to."

"Hostile-species." He's not entirely sure why he admitted this to the human. Perhaps because its becoming too chummy with him. He wants the organic to know he will enact violence upon it if he deems it necessary.

It looks back to him. "What, you are?" 

Soundwave doesn't answer, just stares down at the human.

"Well, if you are doesn't really matter. We're both still just the star stuff that forms the universe who happened to become sentient enough to discover itself. In what way is irrelevant, in the grand scene of things." 

Hm Interesting philosophy.  

"Although I'd appreciate it if you don't blow up my planet. If only so you won't be alone, in this vast ocean of nothingness..." It gestures vaguely to the sky. "Also we have nukes."  

So it does recognize him as a threat and retaliates with its own. Acceptable.

The human falls silent and Soundwave can almost set his internal clock on it before it starts singing.

"Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars"

Counting the billions of stars seems utterly pointless to Soundwave.

_____________________

Sounds hears a thump and a shout from inside the house- he checks it out with extra appendages.