one;; meet "the barbies"

It was a chilly September morning, I bounced into school in one of my favorite outfits- a pink cropped sweater, high waisted jeans and my hair up in the highest ponytail

I was especially happy today, it was one of my favorite days of the year... picture day!!

I met up with my bestest friend, Katya just inside the door.
  "Ohhhh honey! You look adorable!" I exclaimed with a hug.Her eye makeup was more exaggerated than normal, she had a lacy dress on with a black leather jacket thrown over it.

  "Ugh I know, right? Pat made me dress up." She pouted. "But you look stunning too!"

We talked and caught up until Miz and Dela showed up!

  We had a kinda clique/ friend group type thing going on that we called "The Barbies!"

I was the "Life-sized Barbie", Miz Cracker was our "Jewish Barbie on Bath Salts", Dela was our "Token Brunette Barbie", and  Katya was the "Russian Barbie."

  Our school was full of cliques. Rolaskatox, The Bitter Old Lady Brigade, etc.

But the worst were the "Look Queens".

  They were composed of Violet Chachki, Miss Fame, And Aquaria. They were ruthless. They bullied Adore Delano until she dropped out.

I still shudder at the thought of everything that happened last October with them.

The Barbies and I headed to our lockers.

"Oh my gosh. I hate picture day." Miz admitted, twirling a strand of her unusually curly around her finger.

"Today's picture day!?" Dela exclaimed, "I look like a mess." She frowned into her locker mirror.

  "Dela, you look just as gorgeous as you always do!" I smiled while putting on some shiny lipgloss.

"We should probably head to the auditorium for pictures." Miz said anxiously, she knew we often took to long at the lockers and were always late for something.

On the way there, Katya's face lit up

  "Come with me!" She smiled and she pulled me in the opposite direction from the rest of the group.

"What is it?" I giggled, the shorter girls boney hand pulled me over to a poster hanging on the wall.

"Trix, it's a talent show!! You're so talented, you have to sign up."

"I really don't know..."

Before I knew it my name was written on the paper in swirly letters.

She smiled from ear to ear and said
"Now let's go get some pictures dork."

As our hands intertwined again, I don't know why I felt my face heat up.