nine;; a very trixya christmas

Over Christmas break, Katya went home to Russia for a few weeks, and I flew to see extended family in Milwaukee

Katya sent me little snapshots of her trip- her childhood home, a Russian beet soup called "borscht" that she made for her family, one of her in a stunning traditional Russian dress, and one of her with her grandparents.

I sent her pictures too, but mine were far less interesting. A selfie with my little cousins and me playing Barbies, one of my aunt and uncle's fluffy cow Bessie, and one of me in my short hot pink Christmas dress.

Besides the random photo here and there, we didn't talk over break. We took an officially unofficial break since of either of our families found out... things would not be good.

I missed her a lot though.
-
Christmas was nice. I got some new pastel clothes, a cute backpack, and some makeup. 

Before I knew it, it was finally time to head home!

Katya and I decided we would meet up at the airport (her flight landed right after mine), and we would have our own little Christmas together.

I had a fairly boring flight, I spent most of it fidgeting with Katya's Christmas present.

I got her this beautiful locket, that actually ran in my family for a while, and I put a little picture of us in it!

My mom fussed at me for giving her an heirloom, but Katya is part of my family.

I wrapped the necklace, and I made a spur of the moment decision. Inside the box, I wrote "Will you be my girlfriend?" in swirly letters.

I was nervous but we had been a "thing" for three months now and I was more than ready to make us official.

I left the plane and went to sit near Katya's gate, I must have fell asleep because before I knew it, I saw Katya walking towards me.

"Oh wow!" I exclaimed, running towards her.

She looked stunning, she had her hair messily tied up with a scrunchie, a graphic tee with some high waisted jeans, and of course, glossy red lipstick.

I ran into her arms and planted a kiss right on her lips, I ended up wearing most of her lipstick but I didn't care.

"I missed you so much." Katya smiled, as she pulled away from the kiss.
She kept her arms around my neck, and I kept my arms around my waist.

"I missed you too." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Ugh, you dork." She said with the brightest smile, "Let's go do Christmas!"

We walked hand in hand towards the giant Christmas tree the airport still had up.

We sat down under the illuminated tree and Katya handed me a large box.

"Oh wow. This is a lot bigger than what I got you." I confessed handing her the small pink package from my purse.

"Open mine first!" She said with an eager smile.

I carefully tore through the reflective wrapping paper and pulled out the first thing in the box.

  It was a soft red sweatshirt that smelled like Katya. The sweet mixture of cinnamon and cigarettes that is absolutely unforgettable.

She also gifted me a delicate gold necklace that had three stars. One for every month we've been together.

A little note in the box read
"ты звезда - навсегда."

"It means: you are a star- forever." Katya explains, "I don't care what Aquaria or Violet or any of them say. You're a star-my Star. And you always will be."

We shared a slow kiss before she started unwrapping mine.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as she opened the box.

"Yes." I heard her sniffle softly, "of course I'll be your girlfriend."

"Is everything okay?" I asked Katya, tears now obviously sliding down her face.

"Of course it's just- I've loved you for so long and I can't believe that we're actually dating. I'm just so happy." She smiled up at me.

"Look inside the locket." I giggled.

A smile spread across her face again, "You are such a nerd. I love you."

"I love you too."

She drove me home and we sat on the couch for hours drinking hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies.

I couldn't believe how perfect life was, even just for that moment.
-
  a:n/ Christmas in July much lol,,, also can you believe these gfs?!?! I'm so happy.