three;; the zamo residence

Long after Cracker and Dela left the groupchat and went to bed, I was still awake

groupchat and went to bed, I was still awake.

I tossed and turned under my pink comforter with a million thoughts running through my head.

I tried to calm myself down, saying that she's fine... but I couldn't quite convince myself.
-
I woke up before I knew I even fell asleep.

I rolled over and checked my phone
"Crap its eleven o'clock!"

I jumped out of bed, threw my hair up in a messy bun, and put on a simple pastel dress.

I swiped on some lipgloss and ran out the door. I rode my bike down the block to the Zamolodchickova's residence.

Smoothing my dress and taking a deep breath I rang the doorbell.

"Hi! You must be one of Katherine's friends! How are you? Come in! Have a seat!" The short white haired lady exclaimed, all in one breath with a thicker Russian accent than even Katya had.

I took a seat on one of the plush couches and looked around for Katya.

"Does Katya happen to be home?" I asked sweetly

"Of course dear! Upstairs, first door on the left."

"Thank you Mrs. Zamo!"

"Please, just call me Pat." She smiled

I followed her directions and knocked on Katya's door before carefully entering.

The room was pitch black and freezing. As I stumbled in, nearly tripping over who-knows-what, I called out quietly:

"Katya? Are you here? It's Trixie."

As my eyes adjusted I noticed a shift under the blankets and I heard faint sniffles coming from the same direction.

I took a seat on her soft bed and turned on her bedside lamp.
She sat up and wiped away some tears.

Her hair was stringy and tangled, her face stained with mascara, and her eyes seemed dull, missing their usual sparkle. 

"Trixie, I'm fine, just go home."

  "What happened?" I said gently offering my hand.

She reluctantly took my hand in hers, it broke my heart to feel how shaky her hands were.

"I-I don't know. It's just I'm so mentally and physically exhausted with... everything. I feel like the life is just being drained out of me."

"Katya, have you been taking your meds?"

"They don't do anything anyways. I sold 'em to some freshman." She rolled her eyes.

"Katya. I don't know what to say. I really don't even know what to do. The only thing I know here is to tell you that I will see you through this. And we will make it out together."

I squeezed her hand and leaned over to wipe her mascara smudges away.

All of the sudden, she closed her eyes and leaned in for a kiss.

I was so startled that I fell off the bed.

"I'm sorry... I-I gotta go... home! I gotta go home. Bye!"
I said awkwardly, tripping over seemingly everything in her messy room.

Once I got back out to my bike, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I kinda regretted not going in for that kiss, but I knew it wasn't time. Not yet.
-
a/n: I love pat sm