Connections

Shori's POV

The next morning, I woke up at 9:30 am. I looked around my room, remembering Aya's screams and cries on the phone on how scared she was and she wanted me to help her. It made me so sad, how I couldn't stay with her and comfort her. It was killing me.

Fuma was asleep on the chair with Sou in the other. Marius was asleep on the floor with a pillow and blanket. Kento wasn't present. I sat up in bed and looked at my arm. The doctor came in earlier and stitched up my wound and put a bandage on it. My head was wrapped in a wrap around bandage.

My head and arm was pounding. How could I see Aya today with pains in my arm and head? I heard the door open all of a sudden and Kento came in. He had a breakfast tray in his hand.

He put it in front of me and sat at the edge of the bed. I devoured the toast and eggs and downed the orange juice. was really hungry, but now I felt like throwing up.

"Kento, can I ask you for a favor? It's really important." I started. I needed to see Aya. It was killing me knowing that she wasn't safe in prison.

"This is about Aya, isn't it?" He smirked at me. I nodded and sat up straighter. "Can you take me to the prison so I can see her." I didn't ask it. I told him it like a statement. Kento just looked at me like I was crazy, but in a way, I guess I was.

"I don't know Shori. Your still adjusting to the treatment they are giving you. I don't know if I should let you."

I'm taken back by how serious he's being. He's usually the fun guy who used to get in trouble a lot. Now he's acting like an adult or like my father. Ugh, my father. That's another story, so I won't tell you about it.

Back to reality, I looked at him. "Kento, please! I need to see Aya. Yesterday, on the phone, she was crying and she kept yelling at me to help her. It made me so upset for her, I need to see if she's okay."

Kento sighed. "Shori, I need to ask the doctor. But, I'm pretty sure you may be able to if your careful." I look at him and push the red button by my bed. Its the call button for the doctors or nurse.

The lady who gave me the medication, Lila came in and smiled at me. "Ohayou, Sato-san, how are you feeling?" she asks perkily. I smile as best as I can. "Great, now can I go visit someone at the jail?" I get straight to the point. The nurse just looks at me. "W-What?" She asks.

"I need to go to the jail to see my girlfriend who's innocent." I explained. "I mean, I can go right?"

The nurse looks uncertain. "I don't know, Sir. You are still needing the treatment, so we may have to keep you here."

I shake my head. "No, you don't understand, I NEED to see her. She's alone and scared and..." I rambled, but the nurse put her hand on my shoulder. "Sir, I will talk to the doctor and medical staff and we'll let you know by noon.''

"NOON?! No, no no no no no no! I need to go ASAP!" I yelled at her grabbing her shirt collar and pulling her to me. "I NEED TO SEE HER ASAP!" I said again.

The nurse looked at Kento and motioned for help. Kento ran over and gently eased my fists off her shirt. "I'm sorry about him. We got into some crazy things in Tokyo. His girlfriend is the most important thing to him, and she got arrested for a crime she didn't commit. And he got shot." He points to me.

I nod smiling. The nurse looks at me sympathetically. "Oh, that's terrible. I'll talk to the doctor as soon as I leave." She smiled at us and left the room really fast.

Fuma and the other two wake up, looking around. "What just happened?" Sou asks, yawning. Kento grabs him and rubs his fist into his hair. "Kento STOP IT!" Sou pleads and Kento laughs.