Chapter 13: Kami Kai Part 1

The sunset was beautiful from the balcony's point of view. The highly pigmented pink clouds adorned the orange sky and this made it a perfect view. The warm breeze was slightly carressing everything it touched, and the atmosphere gave off a fresh lavender scent. That afternoon was truly stunning and absorbing for the naked eye. Once you got a slight glimpse of it, you could just fall into an alluring trance and only hope to get out of it. 

This astonishing view almost made the blonde haired goddess forget about everything that was happening in her surroundings. All she had to do to remember was turn back at her room and see Tsuguha lying on the bed, gambling between life and death.  She wondered why nothing had happened to Hiyori, since she was affected too. She sighed and got her beautiful golden kimono out. It was made of silk and small strings of actual gold, and that gave it it's authentic beauty. She adorned her hair with a golden brooch.

"Are you ready to go my lady?" Kazuma asked as he entered the room.

Bishamon turned her glance at Tsuguha and then back at Kazuma.

"Don't worry, we'll have Kinuha take care of her for you," he comforted her.

She slowly nodded and then started getting undressed.

"My lady!" Kazuma exclaimed as he covered his eyes. His face was bright red and a bit of blood could be seen coming out of his nose.

"Oh right," she realized, chuckling a little, "Kazuma I'm about to get changed, would you mind leaving the room?"

Kazuma left the room in a heartbeat, and she finally got changed. That's when she had the chance to place a dagger in one of the kimono's foldings. She then turned at her unconscious shinki and headed to the bedside.

"Worry not my precious girl," she softly said. "I will find out who did this and he will pay with his life. Now, rest. You will need your strength."

Covering his eyes, Kazuma reentered the room.

"Are you ready now my lady?" Kazuma asked again. She took his hands away from his face along and nodded with a smile.

"Let's go."

+++

Hiyori sighed as she finished dressing up. She took one last look at herself in the mirror before leaving.

She was wearing a white floral dress that covered her legs , right before her knees and combined it with white slip-on shoes. Her hair was picked up in a high ponytail and she chose to adorn it with Bishamon's gift. Her pink transparent tail was as pink as always. She was ready for the Kami Kai.

She left her resting body on her bed and fled her house through the window. Next she headed towards Yato's.

"Hiyori!" Yukine's voice was heard as soon as she arrived at the shrine. "You're here. Now we can finally go to the Kami Kai."

"Well someone's excited," Yato commented as he looked at Yukine's glowing eyes. 

He then turned at Hiyori. He  hadn't seen her, but he realized he should have sooner as he got a glimpse of her. Due to this, his reaction was belated but it was purer and more genuine since he didn't plan to hide it beforehand. For some weird reason, that plain white dress made her look mesmerizing. Yato was truly hypnotized by this beautiful brunette girl that was standing before him and couldn't take his eyes off of her. Had she always looked like that? No, this sensation was something new. She did look great but that was just another of Hiyori's outfits, so why this baffling reaction? He shook his head to clean his thoughts and decided to ignore the feeling he had in his chest. 

"Shall we go?" Hiyori asked. 

"Before we go, we have to clarify some stuff," Yato explained to which Hiyori and Yukine nodded. "If anyone asks anything, Yukine is my lead shinki and Hiyori is only my familiar. Don't mention anything about her being a shinki and please cover your name at all costs, Hiyori."

Although she did understand why, it felt a bit wrong for her to cover her name given by Yato but she complied. Her other name was hidden by her sweater, so it didn't really matter.

When they finally arrived, Yukine and Hiyori looked all around them. It was their first time in such celestial place that the Heavens was. The place itself was a lot like Hiyori had pictured it. It was filled with traditional Japanese ornaments all around and had these soothing ambient. They opened the gliding doors and behind it, a massive room filled with people -presumably gods and their lead regalia -was revealed. 

Hiyori, Yato and Yukine stood there, examining the scene before attempting an entrance. 

"Hiyorin!" I very loud squeal could be heard from the other side of the room. 

Moments later, the pink-haired goddess of poverty was revealed running  within the crowdtowards the teenage girl. Daikoku was right behind her. She then threw herself at Hiyori and pushed her left cheek against the brunette's. 

"Kofuku!" Yato said. 

"Nice to see you," Hiyori greeted her with a smile.

"What? No hug for me?" Yato then asked.

"Of course you'll get one too, Yatty!" She replied, throwing herself at him. 

"How have you been?" Daikoku asked Yukine. 

After the friendly greeting, the group headed inside and sat down at one of the sofas that were available. 

Not knowing what would lie ahead of them, they leaned back and relaxed for what seemed to be a peaceful evening.