cold water

Tommy's POV

I looked at the wolves, the smoke radiating from their body in a deadly way.

"w-what are you?" the wolf with white eyes turned to me, his huge head the size of my arm.

"we are what you humans call angels, or messengers of God." I looked at the evil looking creatures and nodded sarcastically

"sure..." Ashley pushed me aside

"but why do you look like wolves?!" the two creatures looked at each other in confusion,

"we pulled this image out of your heads, we should be asking you, why we look like wolves."

this made everyone quiet, I looked at the others, confused. I made eye contact with nick and mouthed 'what?'

he shook his head at me telling me he didn't know either.

suddenly I felt a pain in my chest and gasped,

"AHH! what the heck...?" I heard Nick next to me

looking around everyone had that pain, and suddenly, it disappeared, but it had this weird sensation like it was taking something.

the wolf bowed its head,

"its seems Theta, our sister, has found your companions..."

"No!" uni screamed in anguish

I stared at the ground.

"I... I never said sorry..." I felt a tingle at the base of my jaw and an cold prickling behind my unusually warm eyes... I had never apologized to Cory...

I slumped to the floor, my knees hitting the ground with a painful crunch.

"this is all my fault..." I heard a whispery horse voice, and only Uhh after I started crying had I realised it was my own.

I felt nicks strong hand grab my shoulder, I looked up at him, but his eyes were dark and he was shaking, trying to hold back tears.

Ashley's POV

my lungs have stopped working, im not breathing no matter how hard I try, instead, when i opened my mouth my chest was filled with a heavy grief.

Tommy had collapsed and dawn was the only thing stopping Uni from doing the same.

"i should have let them in... they should be here now with us..." Uni barely choked out the words.

the wolves turned to us,

"the danger has past now. the angel of death has left, and the gateway to luthers grave has been closed. we will come back the next time that the moon is at its peak, if you have not left by then."

"wait what did you mean b-" I was cut off as smoke filled to room, creeping into my lungs, burning my throat.

when the smoke cleared out they were gone.