do wolves read?

⚠️ WARNING!!! ⚠️

before you read this chapter know that there is a lot of triggering content, abuse, neglect, drugs, self harm and gore, please be cautious when reading this chapter
___________________________________________________________________________

Cory's POV

I gasped, my lungs sucking in cold stale air.

my limbs were stiff and my face had a warm throbbing to it, almost like it was burned.

prying open my eyes i saw that i was no longer in the asylum. the room i was now in was made of wood, and there were rows and rows of bookshelves, the ones at the very back fading into darkness.

i sat up slowly, a quickly coming migraine setting itself in my head. rubbing my eyes i turned to look around but stopped.

my... eyes... not my lens, my eyes. my breathing hitched, i had eyes... what had happened?

I looked down at my hands, cold, lifeless.

I turned to see a boy lying on the ground next to me, his hair, no longer a dull black, but the brightest of greens.

" Jon, wake up" I gently shook the boy on the shoulder until I saw his eyes open,

"Cory...?" his purple eyes scanned my face,

"what happened to you... you're so ugly." I stiffened,

"You couldn't leave that out could you?!" Jon tried, and failed, to hold back a laugh.

"look, we have more important matters at hand." this made Jon stop laughing.

he stopped smiling at me and his eyes seemed to dull.

"we're dead, aren't we." his eyes locked onto mine and it felt like he was staring straight at my soul.

"w-why do you think that?"

" we were attacked by that wolf, you have a face, we're in... the library, and I can't hear or see Don and Fon. only reasonable explanation, we are dead." I opens my mouth, struggling to get the words out.

and then, we heard laughter. not the happy or creepy kind. laughter like someone has a secret they can't tell,

"very clever deduction skills, but. im afraid you two aren't dead."

I turned around, and my breath hitched as I took in the elegant form of the third wolf, her plume eyes letting off a cold glow.

"what?! what did you do to us?! why are we in the library?!" I turned to Jon, what does he keep meaning about the library, does he know where we are?

the wolf took a moment before speaking,

"I don't have the intentions of killing you. I am Theta. the third wolfu."

"w-what do you want with us?" I tried to stau calm, but the wolf was huge.

" I was sent with Alpha and Delta to come and find you. but unlike my siblings, I had a different Job, I had to bring someone here so I could show them the truth. and I chose you two."