Chapter 5

I am completely and utterly speechless

The last thing I had expected to find when I opened the door to my apartment on Friday afternoon, after a long week of work, was a stark naked man leaning against the kitchen counter.

I honestly don't know who is more surprised; me or him.

We both stand gawking at each other, my mouth popped open. I'm making sure to keep my eyes trained on his face, while I can feel my own heat up with embarrassment.

"Who the hell are you?" I yell, prepared to throw my handbag at him.

It seems like he has finally realised that he's not wearing any clothes and quickly places his hands to cover his bits. "Chad."

The name slightly rings a bell. But, to be honest, all rational thought had gone out the window the moment I saw his bare ass rubbing against my kitchen counter. The place where I prepare my food. "LEX!" I screech, and he jumps slightly, clearly startled by my volume.

Well I was startled by seeing his junk, so fair's fair.

Alexa comes wandering through from her bedroom, dressed in a tight fitting black dress that shows off her curves, her dark hair in a perfect chignon. "Hey D," she smiles at me calmly, as if it's an everyday occurrence that there's a naked man prancing around our apartment. "Chad, bedroom, now," she commands, waving her hand dismissively. He slinks off with his metaphorical tail between his legs, doing his best to cover up his nakedness with two hands.

She turns back to me, an exasperated sigh leaving her lips. "Sorry. That was that underwear model I told you about. Sexy as hell, but about as smart as casual Friday."

My roommate's sleeping with a model and I am going on a date with my ex-boyfriend.

Oh to be Alexa.

"Why was he in the kitchen?"

"Getting a glass of water," she says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Just then, underwear model Chad makes another appearance, this time fully clothed. He skulks out of Alexa's bedroom and walks to the front door. As he opens it he turns back to her. "Call me later?" he asks hopefully.

She shrugs, "maybe."

He exits, face still flaming and I turn back to her with my eyebrows raised, unimpressed that this is what I came home to.

"Oh don't look at me like that," she chides. "You know I'm not looking for anything serious. Chad's fun, but maybe it's time to start thinking about moving on?"

I almost feel like she's hinting at me as she says this.

Alexa comes into my bedroom as I am curling my hair in preparation for meeting Mason tonight. Her make-up has been done and she looks ready to go out as well. "I've been instructed to come and check on you."