Maria Reynolds

Alex's POV:

I woke up to a snoring John spooning me. It was warm wrapped up in the thick blanket, pulled tight to John to keep us from falling off the couch. It was the weekend, which gave me some time to take a walk outside to get motivation for my writing. I didn't wanna get up, but I knew I had to since I also had to go shopping cause John's food supply consisted of Cup Noodles™ and Juice boxes.

I slowly lifted John's arm off of my waist to scoot out of his grip. At that moment I forgot I was on the couch, and fell with a large THUMP.  I looked to to see John hugging the throw pillow and drooling into it, eyes glued shut. He even makes an ugly sleep look beautiful... I thought to myself. I wiped off the non-existant dust off of me and proceeded to get ready for the day.

After I brushed my teeth and did my hair, I slipped on a black and white-striped sweater and a pair of thick skinny jeans. I grabbed my winter coat and scarf from the coat hanger and my brown ankle-high boots. I looked into the full-body mirror and did a dramatic model pose, laughing at myself afterwards. I slowly opened the door to prevent cold wind and walked out into the snow.

As I was walking down the sidewalk of Manuel drive, I took notes and drew tiny doodles of the things that I saw. I noticed a squirrel with it's white coat, eating the acorns it stored for the winter. I took note of it and kept on walking.

I walked by the Ramos Cafe, and decided to go in cause my nose was as red as a tomato right now. I entered the cafe and was greeted by the warm smell of fresh coffee in the air. I smiled and waited in the line to take my order.

After I got John a caramel latte and myself a white chocolate mocha, I headed back to John's apartment after I decided that it's both A.) WAY too cold to do anything else and B.) I made the mistake of spending $15 on coffee and I want to give it to John before he kills me.

As I'm walking down the street, I see a woman about my age, struggling to carry her bags. I run to her and carefully lift the bag up, cautious to not break anything. She looks up at me and smiles wildly. I help her find a good grip on the bag and she hugs me.

"Oh, you're far too kind sir!" She praises. I smile and gesture for her to shake my hand.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Maria Reynolds. And you?"

"Alexander Hamilton, but you can just call me Alex."

"Well Alex," She points her thumb over her shoulder. "I live with my girlfriend Peggy just across the way. You should hang out with us and her sisters Angelica and Eliza some time soon. I know we just met, but it's the least I can do."

I think for a second, laying the plan in my head and thinking of the pros and cons of it.

"Yes, that would be fun! I just need a time and date and I also need to inform my boyfriend about it," I say.

"Oh, who's your boyfriend?" She asks. I smile.

"His name is John Laurens, he's a Se--" I get cut off by a loud gasp from Maria."

"YOUR BOYFRIEND IS JOHN LAURENS? THE JOHN LAURENS?? THE ONE WHO TACKLED THE TWO DELINQUENTS THE OTHER DAY??" She yelled. I thought for a second about the situation she was talking about, then it occurred to me that it was the scene that happened in the cafeteria.

"Yep, that's him. He was actually saving me," I chuckled a little.

"Well tell John that he's also allowed to tag along if he wants to. The more the merrier!" She said.

"That would be great! Can I get a date, time and location?" I asked.

"Oh, of course. We will be meeting up on..." She thought for a moment. "On November 14th at about 3pm. We'll be going to the Yorktown arcade on the corner of Theodosia and Leslie road. You know where that is, right?"

I took note of it in my notebook and nodded. I said thank you and waved goodbye to Maria to head back to John's apartment. As I was walking, I thought about Maria and her group of friends.

I've never had a group of friends before. I hope I make a good impression.

((Ha! Y'all thought! Nope! She's gotta Peggy😝))