Chapter 11

~~~

It was silent until I decided to break it.

I swallowed, "How have you been?" I said looking out the window.

"I've actually been a little stressed." He said, with a sad expression on his face.

"Work?" I asked, already answering my own question.

He nodded slowly. I was looking at him to see if he would say anything else. He glanced at me, "What?" He said, looking back at me a few times, "Expecting me to say something?" He asked.

"I thought you were gonna say something else." I said looking ahead of me. "My apologies," I said, looking down.

"No need to feel that bad." He said, glancing at me once more.

"Hey, Kyung?" He asked me, looking hesitant.

"Yes?"

"What's it like.." He paused, he was looking very hesitant.

I raise my eyebrows and looked over at him.

"To have friends? It's just I never really grew up with friends. I had one friend. But he moved. And due the work I don't really have the time to go out and make friends." He said.

"Oh, I was like you until Minji came along. We've been bestfriends since like middle school. You'll find people to hang out with soon." I said.

I realize that we're at my house. I get out of the car, before I shut it, "Have a good day Yoongi." I said, closing the door and heading inside my house.

~~~

I woke up the next day feeling lazy, not wanting to get out of bed.
I check my phone for the time.

12:02 pm. Not even time for me to get up.

I put my phone back and close my eyes to fall asleep.

Wait. 12:02?! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK OVER AN HOUR AGO! FUCK!

I hurriedly get out of bed, I change quickly into my work clothes.
I quickly get everything I need, and head into my car and drive off.

I enter the building.

"Good afternoon.." I greeted the receptionist.

"Good afternoon, Kyung."

I walked into my office.

Ki-wook then comes in randomly. I look up from my computer. "Good afterno-" I get interrupted by Ki-wook, "Yes, I know you're happy to see me," He said, "Well I'm-" I said getting interrupted by him again, "Well, here are work papers for you to do," He said, "Okay, thank yo-" He interrupts me again. "And, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while."

"Okay.." I said,

"Do you wanna go out sometim-" I interrupt before he finishes his sentence.

"Nope! Remember, only best friends. You'll find that lucky girl someday." I said, rejecting him.

"But can you at least think abou-" I interrupt him again.

"I have things to do. If you have nothing else to say, the door is right there." I said pointing to the door, signaling him to leave.

"Can we go get ice cream after work?" He asked.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"You're not kidding, right?" I asked.

"No, you can get your favorite if you want." He said, smiling at me.

"Okay! Let's totally go after this." I said, so excited.

"Alright, I'll meet you outside the building after work?" He asked, making his way to the door.

"Okay." I replied.

He heads out of my office.

I look at the papers. I see a little note peeking out.

"I'm quitting, moving, and getting a new job. Signed, Ki-wook?" I said, reading the note to myself.

"Moving? Why?" I put the note in my pocket. The rest of the time that note was on my mind. It was now end of work. I exit the building finding the Ki-wook was already waiting.

"Let's go." He, then, started walking.

The ice cream place was 2 blocks away.

A few minutes passed by until I said, "I found your note." His expression changed to a sad one. "Yeah, I'm leaving next week." He replied.

"Why?" I asked, my expression changed into a worried one. "1, I already decided to move a while ago. 2, I'm failing very badly here, so I'm deciding to quit tomorrow. And also get a new and good job somewhere else." He said,

"Where are moving to?" I asked, hesitating, hoping it isn't somewhere far.

"Um, I'm going to the States." He said,

He can't be kidding. Seriously? All the way over there? Everything is fine here in Seoul. Why all the way over there?

"Are you kidding?" I asked, in disbelief.

"Not kidding." He replied.

"Oh. Why are you leaving me?" I asked.

"Kyung, we'll still be in contact." He said.

"No! I want you to stay," I raised my voice a bit.

"I can't, I have everything planned, but please just enjoy this day with me because, it'll be the last time we'll see each other, I'll be busy all of this week and next week until I leave." He said.

"We'll deal with this later." I said, we continued walking until we reached the ice cream store. I ordered my favorite, he did as well. We both sat at a table and ate our ice cream while talking.

What bothered me the whole time, that he was moving.

When we were done, I hugged him.

He gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hey!" I said.

"Lol, sorry, you're a cute one sometimes." He said as he patted my head.

"Stop it!" I said as I pushed his hand away. I got serious right after.

"I'm not ready to let you go." I said.

"Aren't you supposed to, like, say that to your lover?" He said as he raised his eyebrow.

"Sorry. Well I don't want you to leave here yet." I said.

"It's okay, I'll visit often." He said, I smiled.

"Okay, but better message me that you're visiting." I said, crossing my arms.

"I will." He said in English. I could speak fluent English. So could he.

"Okay then," I responded in English as well.

We continued walking until we reached our cars.

"I'll text you." I said, before heading off to my car. "Bye." I said and waved.

"Bye." He responded.
I was heading home until Minji texted me.

Minji: hey can you come rn?

Me: Okay, i'm on my way.

I turn into another street and head to Minji's. Once I'm there she's already waiting for me outside her house.

~~~

Hi guys i decided to end the chapter right here, i was planning to add more but i wasn't really feeling good.

i'll write later maybe.

alright, thanks!

love you!💜