Chapter 5

===> Be that cool kid.

"Hey... What the hell are you doing all cooped up in your room? There are people at your place, and you can't just leave them out there. I don't know if you knew this, but in human culture, that's considered rude as fuck."

Thank god for shades. If he were to able to see my eyes he'd probably know that I was worried.

"MY FUCKING THINKPAN HURTS FROM EVERYONE'S ANNOYING VOICES SPEAKING ALL AT ONCE."

I looked at his cheeks. Apparently, I wasn't just hearing things when I thought I heard him sobbing or whatever, because they were wet. Shit.

I was about to ask him what this shit was all about, but I decided not to. Instead, I asked,

"So you thought locking yourself in your room- er, respiteblock , would stop your headache or whatever the fuck?" I looked down out of worry for a split second, and then looked down again. Something had caught my eye. It was hard to tell through the shades, but his sleeves looked kind of... discolored. Like, nothing was like this except for his sleeves. Oh god... No. Dave. This isn't for sure. You're in standing in a doorway with terrible lighting, with shades on. This. Was. Not. For. Sure.

He just stood there and stared at me. It made me feel really uneasy.

"LOOK. I'LL BE OUT SOON. GO TALK TO PEOPLE AND SOCIALIZE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IN THE MEANTIME."

I couldn't even speak. I just turned around. I felt like.... Crying? No, stay cool.

But I couldn't stay cool.

I had to go get someone. This could be serious.