Running Away

Asuna POV
He looked at me with a look of astonishment as I stood there with a face of seriousness.

" Wait, Wait ,Wait. Your leaving now?" He asked and I nodded

" I'm getting out of here before my mother finds out I actually left, I told her I was leaving but I'm sure she thought I was joking." I explained and sighed

" Well if your leaving then I'm coming with you. " he said

" Look, I know you said you were not leaving till tomorrow and if you really don't want to come you don't have too." I said

" I do, Look Asuna, who knows what's out there. You could get hurt and I don't want to see that happen." He said almost protectively.

" Only if you really want too.." I told him and he nodded.

He ran off into the back of the shop and came back with a bag of his items.

" Let's go outback so I can saddle up angel." He told me and walked out the door towards the small stable outside.

I followed behind him and watched as he saddle up his white mare. He patted the side of her shoulder and hoisted his back on the back of her saddle.

" Let's get going before dark. We will camp down by the River." He informed me and I nodded walked back out to my horse.

I mounted my horse and he followed after and we set off into the unknown. I basically followed his lead since I've never been so far as moonlit lake and that is still not very far from the kingdom.

" So uh what made you decide to leave?, don't you like being rich and famous?" He said and I gave him a glare

" Haven't I told you a million times? I hate being a princess, it so much work. Not to mention my mother already betrothed me to this guy who I've never even seen before! I'm supposed to be married next spring but I wanna see the world and do many things before I think about that." I ranted on probably making his ears bleed.

" oh, well I see where you stand, marriage is a big decision and plus your probably going to be tied down as a housewife." He said " Although if I did get married.. I wouldn't do that, I would treat my wife like a queen. And I would make sure she knew she was loved everyday." he said and I looked at him. My heart almost melted. What is this I'm feeling? It's so new to me.

We rode pretty far. Almost 5 miles before we came to a stop. He dismounted his horse and I followed after. He then looked over at me.
" We will camp here tonight and enter the nearby village in the morning" he said and I nodded.

We set up blankets on the ground and I laid down on it while he started a fire. I watched him carefully the whole time, his muscles flexed and I blushed. What is this am I falling in love? No there is no way I would fall in love my best friend.

When the fire started the orange flames cracked and popped. He came and sat down next to me. I shivered as the chill of the night got to me. Kirito pulled the blankets around me and for the third time tonight I blushed.

" are you warm enough? " he asked softly. And I nodded " Yeah, I'm fine. " I said and he sighed.

" you should get some sleep. I will watch over you." He said and I shook my head. " your the one who needs sleep." I said and he looked at me kindly

" It's alright, I'll be okay, just sleep." He said and I sighed before laying my head down on the makeshift pillow with consisted of a rolled up blanket. I closed my eyes and listened to the crackling of the fire and instantly fell asleep knowing I was protected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I awoke the next morning to the birds chirping and sun warming my body. I sat up and looked around. Kirito looked at me and I smiled at him.

" Good morning, You slept like a rock" he said and I threw a twig at him. He chuckled

" someone is not a morning person" he said and I giggled. I stood up and rolled the blankets back up.

I felt a little dizzy but kirito caught me before I could fall.

" Are you alright?" He said worryingly.
" Yeah, I guess I was just a little more tired then I thought."I reassured him and he nodded.

We saddled and mounted and took off towards the nearby village which was pretty large.

I followed kirito  until we came to a stop at a nearby inn which we dismounted and headed inside.

" Ah! Kirito! Welcome back friend!" A older man greeted us. He must have known kirito.

" Hello Mr Thompson, how are you on this fine day?" Kirito asked and he propped his elbow up on the counter.

" I'm doing just fine, oh who is this? Finally found yourself a girlfriend?" He said gesturing to me.

" oh, no. This is just my friend. This is Asuna. She just tagging along with me for a few days" kirito explained and I smiled politely and waved.

"Well, it nice to meet you." He said. I'm surprised he didn't know or recognize who I was. But I brushing it off since I ran away and I don't want anyone to find me.

" I would like a room for two, we are gonna bed down here tonight" he informed the guy and the guy nodded

" Only one bed?" He asked and I blushed

" Uh two beds please" kirito corrected him and he nodded

We settled into our room and I went to take a long shower. I couldn't help but think while I was there that I might have feelings for kirito. Even though I never really experienced love fully since my childhood was terrible I kept having these feelings that I can't ignore.

The water swished around with my every move and the faint voices of people downstairs brought me back into reality.

" Hey Asuna ? You alive in there? You have been in there for 2 hours " Kirito asked from the other side of the wooden door

Wow has it really been two hours already? Wow time sure does fly by.

" Yeah! I'm coming out in a minute." I informed him and heard his footsteps move away from the door.

I stood up out of the water and drained it before slipping my night clothes on. I opened the door and steam from the water flew out.

" Finally, thought you fell asleep in there" he said as I walked towards him and I giggled.  Looking at the time I seen it was almost 10 and I probably needed some sleep.

So I went over to my bed and laid down on the plush mattress as cuddled into the blankets.

Kirito switched the light out and darkness
Consumed the room. And I soon fell asleep to the sound of silence.

~~~~
SORRRY it's been a few days since I've published >~< I've been so busy with school about to start and my nerves are about to explode! But anyway hope you enjoyed
~Howl🐾⚔️