Falling slowly

I woke up the next morning to someone shaking me in an attempt to wake me up. I groaned and rolled over to face the person who was trying to wake me.

Kirito stood there and smiled when he seen me look up at him. I smiled back and sat up slowly, still a little tired.

" Good morning sleepyhead. Have a nice sleep?" He asked jokingly.

" Yes actually it was quite a refreshing sleep, what about you?". I asked

" eh I mean sleep is sleep, so we need to start heading towards the next town, it called Dundale. It's quite a trip and we may have to stop and camp but I'm sure if we start heading out now we might make it there." He informed me and I nodded.

I stood up and got dressed and on the way down grabbed breakfast then we went to the stables to retrieve our horses.

I patted Diablo on his muzzle and saddled him and put my items on the back of the saddle. I led him outside where kirito
Was sitting on angel ready to head out.

I put my foot in the stirrup and climbed on his back before we took off into
The nearby forest.
~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We traveled for a good 5 hours before stopping. Since it was already 4 o'clock we decided to set up camp here and rest out behinds from being in the saddle for so long.

I sat down on a blanket and watched kirito gather wood for the fire we would need later. I smiled at him when he looked at me. And he smiled back.

Before we knew it the sun was starting to set and the sound of the fire and crickets was quite peaceful.

" Hey asuna." Kirito got my attention and I looked at him. "Yeah?"

" I need to tell you something and I don't know how your going to react so I'm just going to go for it. " he said nervously.

" what's wrong?" I asked worryingly at the sound of his voice

" Well, Umm I think I might be falling for you" he said suddenly. My eyes widened in shock and he looked away a light blush forming on his face.

" Wow, that was sudden" I said still a little shocked.

" I know you might not have the same feelings for me but I needed to get it off my chest, it's been on my mind for the past few months and I didn't know how to tell you". He went on

I laughed nervously " You know something, I thought I had the same feelings but honestly I'm not sure how that feels. Love isn't really a department I'm familiar with. My childhood wasn't the best, my mother has always been mean to me and my father barely seen me most days. I've never really had that feeling of love." I explained.

" I'm sure you have experienced love before. its something everyone goes through. your sure you have not even loved anyone before?". he asked

" there was no one for me to love. and no one to love me. " I said and sighed sadly

"Well, if you let me. I can love you and you can love me. " he said and moved closer to me

My chestnut eyes looked into is dark ones and he smiled at me I blushed and looked away

" I understand if you don't like me that way.. I J.."

I cut him off with a kiss and blushed deeply as I did he was pretty stiff for the first few seconds but then leaned into the kiss and I pulled away.

"I'm sorry I don't know why I did that" I said franticly

" Its okay, I mean that's what you do when you like someone " he smirked and I blushed even redder, if that was even possible.

" Asuna, Will you be with me?" he asked and I nodded my head

so now we were together.. does this mean a new beginning for me?