Chapter 2: Another raid on the way

Skylor handed Kai a box. Inside, was a 3 day supply of food. The four went over by Chen's noodle house so they can have a proper talk. She found that the new placed law of the colour green being illegal made no sense at all. Though she knows why that law was placed. Perhaps, Garmadon didn't like have reminders of his own son in the middle of sight. Lloyd was still pretty tense after the sudden ambush even though it was just the master of amber. In his mind, he thought that it was far worse. It could have been his father's fist, or even..Harumi herself. 

He shook off that thought. Why was he still thinking about her? His mind and heart accepted that he has just been played and no way did the former princess liked him at all. Was it because he wasn't royalty? He knew that being a ninja gave off the gangster vibes. Yet again, he shouldn't be talking since Harumi was in charge of a gangster motorcycle gang after all. It didn't make her any better. After all she's done, she's the worse person he has ever met. 

"Why would he do that? It's just the colour green. " Kai crossed his arms. Skylor shrugged. " pretty dumb installent if you ask me. " she ended with a giggle. Nya nodded herself. " couldn't agree more. " she then glanced at Lloyd. He blinked and frowned. " Are you hurt? I think I may have exaggerated. " A sad look was now written all over Skylor's frontage. Lloyd shook his head. " No no, it's fine. I've survived worse. " he joked humourless. Nya and Kai winced slightly. It was true, Lloyd did survive much worse. The siblings felt bad for the poor boy. He just wanted to protect this city and yet he gets hurt in the process? 

The elemental master of amber bit her lip. " I really shouldn't keep you guys for long. Sons of Garmadon could just burst inside of here and Lloyd being exposed here..." she didn't finish her sentence since the three already got the memo. Kai lowered his eyebrows in worry. " Are you sure that you'll be alright? We have a small base by an abandoned apartment. We could let you stay if you'd like. " he suggested. The girl shook her head. " Nah it's fine. Me and the other elemental masters already have our own hideout by the garbage depot. " she told them in a low voice since others could easily listen through their conversation. 

"I wouldn't mind having you guys over. Besides, the garbage depot is bigger than an apartment. It's better having cover than staying cornered in one small spot. " she stood up and went behind the counter. Kai looked at Lloyd. " So master, what's the move? " he lifted an eyebrow in a teasing manner. It's been weeks since any of the ninja called him that due to Wu being found again. So technically, he's still the master. The green ninja gave a flustered look. " Uh...well I think that seems like a good idea and second, Kai you don't need to call me that. " he reminded. 

Kai leaned back. "Master Wu is still a kid. He won't understand our situation at the moment and he's a bit too young to handle decision makings. " he pointed. Nya nodded at her turn. "So Lloyd, do we stay or go with Skylor? " she inquired standing up. Lloyd thought for a second. Skylor did make good arguments to why they should move. If they ever get a surprise ambush who will definetly be planned by miss "not so nice princess" to torture them, they could easily get cornered fast. "I say we move bases. Though who's willing to go back to the others to warn them? " he responded. Kai and Nya gave the volounterring gesture. 

"We'll go and we'll try not to get spotted. " Nya reassured him. Lloyd examined them. Their outfits, expressions then sighed. " You guys don't have anything green on you right? " he raised an eyebrow. Nya checked her belongings. " Nope, I just have mini katanas and as you can tell by my outfit, it's far as being green. " she joked. Kai looked at his own belongings then at his outfit. " Same goes for me. I think the real deal is you Lloyd. You're the green ninja after all. " he remarked. Lloyd looked down and placed his hand on the black hood that Skylor gave him. It was to cover his green ninja gi. If it weren't for the sudden ambush, he would have probably ended up in Borg tower facing his father and he would obviously glance at  "her"in the eyes.