Chapter 24: Safe with me

When the two pulled away, a set of footsteps were heard running over in their direction. Nya looked around as if keeping an eye on the colossi. Right, they didn't defeat the stone giant just yet. Too many things, casualties, obstacles popped in at the wrong place and wrong time. "What's wrong Lloyd? Who did you find?" She asked, not getting a straight look at the person he was holding in his arms. However, before the green ninja had the time to turn around, "Move aside!" demanded the grey-skinned female ex-general as she walked past the rest of the resistance. Killow was following behind her.

The white haired girl, still with a pained expression gasped lightly. She tried her best not to move her bleeding jaw as much. "I know that voice.." she whispered to Lloyd, who reluctantly nodded. Once Ultra Violet had reached Lloyd and Harumi, she kneeled down on one knee and gave a genuine relieved smile. "Didn't think you'd survive that. But...I'm glad you're still alive." she chuckled and waited for a response. Harumi painfully giggled at her comment. "I'm way more impressive than it seems, huh?" she tried to make Ultra admit.

"You know, back at the palace. I couldn't do anything. So to kill time, I sneaked out from time to time." She mentioned much to Lloyd's next comment: "That's why you're so agile, Rumi." he smiled and placed one hand behind her shoulders and the other behind her legs, carrying her off the ground in a so called: 'princess carry', how ironic. Nya looked at Harumi. "Lloyd what are you doing? That's the enemy team-" she was cut off by Ultra Violet and Killow glaring at her. "Then what are we? Water lily?" growled an offended Violet.
Lloyd sighed and defended the previous SOG members. "Come on Nya, we're all on the same team now."

From there, the resistance began running away from the vicinity. Lloyd was carrying the injured Harumi, Nya was in front along with Lloyd but she was helping Skylor walk, they were the vanguard. In the center was Ultra Violet and Killow. They were composed as the rear. All running towards their previous base: The garbage depot, "How do you know that we have meds in there?" inquired Nya. Killow ran ahead and opened the door while the rest of them quickly slid inside. The door slammed shut afterwards and they were met in the darkness. "Lights..lights..." Ultra Violet whispered while tapping the concrete walls in search of the light switch. Still in the dark, "I hope so anyways. I think it's in the office." responded Lloyd to Nya's question.
~~~~~~
When the lights were finally on, the previous SOG members could see how for the past few days, the resistance had been living in complete vulnerability. No useful ressources but a rather good space for defence. "My my. Makes me guilty to ambush you guys that day. You guys certainly didn't have time to prepare." mocked Ultra Violet who had found a spot by a trashcan lids. Nya rolled her eyes and climbed up the stairs to the office. "Whatever Ultra, But we managed to escape right?" She pulled off a smug face. The conversation was about to continue until she heard the faintest of mentions coming from Lloyd. "Do you think the other four had escaped?". This was ofcourse a mention to Kai, Jay, Cole and Zane.

Nya sighed and found a roll of white fabric. "I think I've got bandages. Is that good?" she questioned to Lloyd. In which he nodded, the girl went downstairs immediately and gave him the roll. To her big surprise, it was in fact luckily bandages, not just some roll of fabric. "I don't know. I hope so. They're pretty much all around the city." She worried for the others' safety. As Lloyd began wrapping the bandages around Harumi, Nya glanced around and Skylor came into her view. She frowned. "We have way too many casualties, Lloyd. Do you think we'll be alright to keep on fighting?" She wondered.

Instead of Lloyd, Ultra responded. "Is that really a question? No matter the number of casualties, we need to keep on fighting! Besides, I wouldn't let you guys slack off. I joined this team to get my city back! Keep my promise!" She growled hostilely. Lloyd, "That's some enthusiasm you've got there." paused to chuckle. Then spoke once again. "But honestly, I don't know what's up with Skylor. She's poisoned, I mean..the dark magic is pretty dangerous." He reasoned. Speaking of Skylor, she was leaned against the stone wall and was pretty much slumbered down on the ground. Her tangerine eyes were replaced with glowing magenta ones. "Then we have no choice to leave her here when we got out to battle." concluded Nya. There were no objections.
~~~~~~~~
"When do we move though?" Killow brought the subject up. That was a good question, when do they move? Obviously the reason why they need to go through their strategy once more is because they have at the moment, two injured comrades. Skylor is fighting through dark magic, stinging her neck like needles. As for Harumi, her wounds can be her downfall if not treated properly. Too much blood, way too much blood. The room went silent for a few minutes, the two ninjas examining the three previous SOG members in the room with them. "Well we can't move now." Ultra Violet referred to the white haired girl. The rest of the team all glanced in her direction to confirm the ex-general's concerns. Harumi looked down as she received several glances.

"You know, if I'm only pushing you guys back-" she was interrupted by the green ninja. He shook his head and inspected her wounds a bit closer. The bandages were already in affect, squeezing her injuries so that as much as blood spills on it. The white fabric was already stained in red. "No, we are a team. A team sticks together no matter the consequences. That's how it is in a war. United, we are stronger than my father and that's how we win." He told them, determination sparking up inside of the green ninja. When the message processed through their mind, his comrades all looked at eachother. "Yeah..you're right! How about for an alternative, we can split up into patrolling pairs and keep tabs on the city's activity while we are technically in vulnerability?" Nya suggested.

Lloyd nodded. "That's a good idea. Who are the pairs though? We are 4 excluding Skylor and Rumi. I think it's best if Killow and Ultra Violet go together while me and Nya are paired." He organized, which the two generals including Nya agreed to. "We'll need supplies, some sort of ressources and more bandages." The water ninja mentioned. This was going to be a long day. Just constant working and no slacking off. This is war, you cannot be having fun during war. Well, for Garmadon's case, he enjoyed messing with Ninjago city as if it was a children's sandbox. "Perhaps there are abandoned items we can find in alleyways again." Lloyd reasoned. It was true, they found some things before. Like ropes and cardboard.

"Right, Violet?" Harumi prompted herself up to face the grey-skinned general. She had an apologetic expression on her face. The moment that she was called, Ultra already knew what this would be about. Killow came into view, and him too was called over by Harumi. The two generals waited for her to talk. The white haired girl exhaled. "Look, I apologize for the trouble I reeled you guys in. If I wasn't so revenge-hungry all those years ago, then you would have been spared the opportunity to be working with goody-two shoes Garmadon non-worshippers." She added a tad of humour on that last part, much to Nya's annoyance, she flinched.

The apology went under-way when Violet brought up her side of the apology. "I'm sorry for yelling at you for all those times you simply tried your best. It was all talk, no action kind of a situation. If I tried to do your responsibilities as quiet one, I knew I wouldn't survive on the first task Garmadon gave me! I would have gotten the guts to punch-" She was stopped by a hand covering her mouth. "Hey hey hey-" Killow sighed, being the one who denied permission for her to talk. "Now now Ultra. Calm down, you can punch him when we get close enough, alright?" He assured her. Not really too convinced, the ex-general sighed and pushed Killow's palm off her mouth, she walked over to Rumi. Holding her gloved hand out, "So...friends again?" Ultra asked.

Harumi slid her own hand into hers. A small smile illuminated her bruised up frontage. "Yeah, friends." She accepted. Not only would the resistance be composed of Ninjago's usual heroes, but forgiven enemies as well. Lloyd watched as the three generals all began to talk between eachother, without any bitter plans being the central topic. The boy smiled, they weren't so bad after all.
~~~~~~
A/N Yeah I know, it has been AGES since I last updated. I've been focusing alot lately on Reconciled hearts as well as other fandoms.
So I apologize for that. I'll try to update more, but it's just been hard to find motivation to write Ninjago stories lately. Heck, it's been such a while that I almost forgot the details to write for this specific chapter. It had also shocked me to find out that I didn't put in bold my author's notes. It's such a tradition for me to do so now. But for the sake of this book, I'll keep the writing like this. Not Italic nor bold. Anyways, thank you for being patient and for reading this chapter! If you liked it, please leave a vote and comment down below what you think will happen in Change Of Heart! Now now, I guess you probably noticed the writing differences between the beginning and the end of this chapter. Well let me explain, the beginning of the chapter was written around March-April and the ending was written today(June). I can say that I've learned a few new words so my writing changed slightly. That's all I have to say! Cya guys in chapter 25! Hopefully...it doesn't take awhile to write nor wait for...