Chapter 7: Life isn't always easy

"How did this place get recked in the first place?" The blue ninja asked after being handed a broom by Skylor. In which the amber ninja replied with a small groan of disappointment. She thought that he would get it by now. Apparently Kai was right when he said that Jay was definitely not the brains of the group. Yet, the dumbest of the ninjas. However, Skylor  still believed that he's somewhat smart deep inside. "Didn't you get the memo yet? The whole city is being watched by the S.O.G! " she practically shouted.

"Oh right! " Jay responded with a nervous and embarrassed chuckle. "Speaking of the S.O.G, is our defence system strong enough against them?" Karlof butted in. The master of metal was quite serious about defence even though most see him on the battlefield, knocking his enemies out. In his mind, there is no battle, without defence and there is no defence without battle. Skylor turned to him. "No..not really. Our only way of protection is our powers. However for the people that don't have elemental powers..." she was cut off by Misako.

"We can hold our own. We may not have elemental powers, but we have the power of strength inside of us." She reassured the master of metal and amber. Lloyd heard the conversation and frowned. His mother noticed that. "Son, are your elemental powers coming back?" She asked him worriedly. He shook his head, extended his arm and tried to make appear little beams of energy. It didn't work. "Without my powers, I'm no longer the green ninja." He whispered in defeat.

Just beside him, he heard a small thud. As if someone slammed an object on the table. "Ninja never quit! " it was young master Wu. Mission laughed and put her hand on her son's shoulder. "See? Even a child knows that it's not time to give up just yet." She told him. Lloyd smiled slightly. "Yeah, you're both right. It's not time to quit just yet.." he said, new determination sparking inside of him. The others smiled at their own turns. "The resistance never quits! " Skylor pumped her fist in the air. Kai and Lloyd looked at her, confused. "Resistance?" They inquired at the same time. Skylor pulled a smile. "It's just what I like to call our survival team." She said in embarrassment. Kai nodded to himself. "the resistance...that's perfect.". He walked to the table where everyone can see him. "I now agree that our team is called the resistance! Thanks to Skylor for the awesome name" he winked at the redhead. In which the master of amber answered him with just a faint blush.
~~~
"Well if anyone messes with Jay. Then they'll wish they'd never mess with him in the first place." Nya crossed her arms whilst looking out the window. Jay blushed hearing that and Kai smirked and turned to the blue ninja who was now stealing his colour. "hey, red is my colour. Stop stealing it" he joked. Jay covered his face. "w-whoops!" He chuckled. But Kai put his arm around him. "isn't my sister awesome? " he asked the boy, expecting a good answer. He nodded shakily.
"Yeah...really awesome...and adorable." Kai put his arm away immediately. "What?" He said almost in a scream. Jay put his hands on his hips. "You do realize we're dating! " he laughed at the fact that Kai couldn't even remember his own best friend dating his sister. Kai sighed and smiled. " well Ofcourse I remember, it's just no one ever told my sister she was adorable. I still can't believe my baby sister is growing up so fast. " he said and Jay kinda expected him to shed a tear but the fire ninja wasn't that dramatic.

While everyone was having a talk, Zane glanced over to Pixal. The female nindoid of the group and the only person in which he doesn't feel different to compared to the other elemental masters since they're all humans. He decided to walk over to her since she seems to not be in company with someone at the moment. The girl was just currently checking on her Samurai X mech, checking if there were any scratches or if it was rusty somewhere. "Everything doing ok? Pix? " the master of ice asked the girl. Pixal replied with gentle nod. "Everything seems to be doing ok...I guess. " her lips showed slight concern and fear to Zane. He frowned hearing that and pulled her in a hug. "Tell me, what's on your mind? " he whispered. The female nindoid sighed, knowing that she couldn't lie to the person she trusts the most. "Well, I'm just concerned on how all this will end. Will there be any broken bones? Or...any lives taken? " she shivered. Zane tightened the hug. "Weeks ago, I thought that me and the other three ninja plus young master Wu would get crushed by the colossi that night. However, we were lucky enough to use airjitzu and escape to the nearest rooftop. " he told her. Pixal's sad look didn't fade away. "What if I lost you that day? I wouldn't know what to do! " she panicked slightly. But Zane was there to reassure her. "No matter what happens, you would never lose me. Always remember that. " he pulled away to caress her metallic cheek. Hearing that, made the female nindoid finally smiled. "Thank you Zane. " she turned her back to the Samurai X mech. The master of ice smiled at his own turn. "No problem.."