Chapter 21: Vulnerability at its finest

A/N Welcome to Arc 2, everyone.

Chapter 21: Vulnerability at its finest
~~~
Their hearts ached. Their eyes swelled up with tears, The former emerald and cerise red ones. Both eying down the building holding the life of the scared little quiet one together as it crashed down towards the cliffs of rubble already forming with every move that the stone colossus made. The ambiance was insane. People screaming in agony and smoke from stones fluttered into view. The current emperor grasped his chest tightly as he shivered deep inside. Despite his heart being rotten all those years ago. He still felt emotion? He didn't know what it was. Anger, sadness, guilt-? "D-Daughter.." he let out a low gasp, his pupils and now mixed with crystal tears rolling down his cheeks glanced down at the results. A massive pile of rubble. No way did she make it even though he hated to admit it. His daughter, his advisor, his second in command, she was gone just because of a foul mistake he had committed hours ago.

"You want this masterpiece of a city Lloyd?" He clenched his fists and his phrase was practically dripped in sarcasm. He stepped towards the edge of the cracked platform and raised all four of his arms. Shortly, a faint violet aura appearing into his palms. "Then you can have it. When I destroyed it!" He threatened. Not wasting any more time,Garmadon eyed the stone colossus. Raising one of his arms right after and commanding it to march it's way towards the rest of the resistance. Lloyd took hold of the elemental master of Amber as she laid there in his arms, motionless. "Lloyd..we need to move." called the wannabe-brown ninja. The master of water felt uneasy with that thought. "Are you insane? We don't have Airjitzu nor our elemental dragons. We can't jump down immediately." She explained to the powerless-boy. Lloyd nodded in response to Nya's statement then glanced back down to Skylor. "We need to return to the base. Skylor's condition is getting worse." He picked her up bridal-style and started to run off towards the edge of the rooftop. The railings blocking their chance to just jump off.

The master of water and Dareth followed the green ninja. "Lloyd I hope you know what you're doing.." The man croaked. His brown eyes tipping over the edge. His stomach clenched back and he felt uneasy-more than uneasy. Unfortunately for our band of heroes, the stone monster cut them off and roared, stepping closer to the building they were standing on. Nya sighed. "There it is.." she attempted to shut an eye. Dareth backed away, his eyes showing legitimate fear rising. "We're so doomed.." he commented fearfully. The green ninja narrowed he eyebrows at the sight of the monster. "My father thinks he can get rid of us this easily? Well we prove him wrong. You know why? Because the resistance never quits. Am I right?" He attempted to pull off a half-smile. Who was he kidding? He couldn't just throw the situation around like it was nothing.

He saw it happen. He saw her fall from that collapsing building. He saw the fear rise in her pale face. She looked so scared but like the helpless ninja he was, he did nothing except watch. A spectator watching from the cinema as her story closed at such a cruel and painful death. Even for Harumi, she didn't deserve such a passing. No one deserves to die. Despite how cruel and twisted they were to this world. Lloyd thinks that everyone deserves a second chance. Even Harumi herself. So caught up in his thoughts, the ninja didn't realize the crystal transparent tears forming in his blackened eyes. He needed someone to point it out that he was crying. And so that's what he got for standing there, holding Skylor firmly as his gaze was fixed on the horizon. "I'm not sure if you've noticed Lloyd, but it's bad timing to let out emotions." Nya pointed out, whilst pointing at the colossi. He stayed silent and attempted to wipe his tears away.
Nya turned her own gaze at the colossi in front of them. "If you'll just cry, I'll do all the work." She offered before running off towards the colossi and hopped off the rooftop.

Dareth gasped. "Nya what are you-" he was caught off by more roaring produced by the stone monster.
~~~
The water ninja jumped off the rooftop and onto the colossi's hand. She spreaded her arms to keep her balance but couldn't help but let out a small panicked scream. "W-Woah!" She tried to keep steady despite the colossi being violent at the moment. Lloyd and Dareth didn't risk it anymore. Nya was clearly in danger. They needed to help. They ran towards the roof and jumped off-well only Lloyd did. Dareth stayed behind. His lips quivered as he shook. "I-I can't do this.." he yelped. Nya turned around to face the man. "Dareth! You need to get off the building it might-" She was cut off by the colossi's hand brusquely slamming itself against a wall of windows. Ofcourse belonging to the building Dareth was currently on. He screeched and bounced around, trying to find a platform that won't go down as fast. Nya yelled in even more panic as she was flung into the air from the sudden attack. Lloyd watched, as she managed to jump to the nearest building. "Nya!" He called out her name. His quick escape was rather rough-not to mention the landing. As the colossi slammed his hand in the opposite direction, the blonde took this chance to jump off the hand and land on his back on the nearest rooftop. If it weren't for that extra airtime, he would have been a goner.