Chapter 15: Missing all the action

Hours after, the group found a small house on sticks, just above the water. A rather impoverished hiding spot from the SOG however, it was all they had left. They couldn't stay back in the city, so they'd have to settle by the poor and almost ramparts of Ninjago. Nya parked the battle wagon by an alleyway near by the house, in case she loses it. Parking a big vehicle like that into town already raised red flags for the people here. If they discover who they really are. They'd be in trouble. The people could make the links that they started raising the quiet one's rage. It's currently turning night. Lloyd stared out of the balcony and sighed, as he leaned forward and observed the people. They were so peaceful and calm compared to the people in the city. "Lloyd? Are you alright?" Nya opened the backdoor and had a concerned smile on her lips. The green ninja jumped at the sound of her voice. He turned around quickly and his gaze was fixed with the water ninja's. "Yeah...has dinner started?" He asked, the smell of fresh noodles getting to his nose. Nya peered her head back at the door, getting a peak of the inside. "Not quite. Skylor said she needed a few spices. So the four went off to get some for her." She replied and stood beside him. Her eyes clicked at the sight of the quiet river, streaming down all the way further north. To finally connected with the rest of the ocean.

"Skylor still wanted to cook something heavy for tonight? " a chuckle escaped his lips. Nya shrugged and faced him. "Apparently so." She chuckled as well. Lloyd's amused smile didn't last long unfortunately. His lips returned into an upside croissant-moon once again.
"Hey..." the female ninja's voice trailed off. She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Everything ok? You really don't look like it," she told him. Silence invaded the conversation group between Nya and Lloyd for a few minutes before the blonde decided to reply. He pointed at one of the villagers, sitting by the walls of the wooden houses. His hand closed as his aim was far off to where they actually are. The moonlight, reflecting on his gloved-fist. "I don't know I guess. I'm just remembering things." He admitted, not too clear for the water ninja to understand. "What exactly do you mean?" She questioned. He sighed and lowered his palm and put it on the fence, keeping any individual from falling off into the streams of the river. A rather pleasant and calm ballad to the ocean however.

"See those people? The poor. She used to feed them. But..,that was just a ruse used on me, I found out much later." Lloyd told her, heartbreak clear in his voice. Nya frowned, heading that. She wrapped her arms around him in a comforting embrace. "It's alright...I know that Harumi, someway somehow deeply means it. She wanted to feed her former subjects in need." She reassured him. Even patting his head a bit. Lloyd slowly returned the hug and rested his head on his friend's shoulder. "Nya?" He called his name.
It didn't take long for the water ninja to answer at his call. "Yes Lloyd?" she called him back too. He sighed and pulled away, his black pupils dilating at how pretty the stars were tonight. "Do you think...all this madness would stop?" he told her his question in the clear. She could finally process what he wanted to ask and she quickly thought of a response for that. Not really wanting to upset him with an unclear answer. Honestly, she didn't really know. No one could know aside from the monks by Cloud Kingdom. "Lloyd, I really don't know. I'm sorry. But I hope so. I hope your father can realize what he's doing to the people here and his son as well." She told him what she thought in her mind. There were still gaps in the blonde's mind, but just by hearing her last statement, about his father listening, managed to reform a smile in his mind. "I hope so as well...Thanks Nya." He chimed quietly.

She smiled as well, happy that she'd cheer up the saddened green ninja. She knows for a fact that he misses his father gravely and he wishes that he found for the right side. He didn't want him to be used as a pawn by the jade princess in facade. He deserved to be allied with a better group of individuals. Even though he was Lord Garmadon. He still had some good left in the mazes of darkness formed inside of him. His mind just didn't want to realize it. She tapped his shoulder and gestured him to come inside. She held the door open for him so that he could follow her. "Come back inside, it's getting cold."
~~~
Just as the two elemental masters entered, the front door opened. The four marooned ninja stood there, with brown bags. Presumingly from the markets here in the small part of Ninjago city. "Ugh, Sorry for the long wait. The lines were long." Jay apologized in advance before rushing to Nya. "My dear, are you hungry?" He wrapped his arms around her waist, happy to see her. Nya chuckled and placed her own hands on his own, feeling and enjoying his warm touch. "Not quite. Are you?" She giggled. As Jay was about to shake his head, Kai gave a grin. "Says the man who's stomach was growling the entire trip back. You know, my sister doesn't like liars." He teased. The lightening stole the fire ninja's colour. His cheeks burned red as he just stood there awkwardly. Skylor, who heard the conversation by the stove, giggled as well. "Boys boys, don't worry, my noodles will be ready in a little while. Now I just need the spices. Have you got them?" the master of amber inquired, turning off the heat for a few minutes. Cole looked into one of the bags and tossed a bottle of Chili pepper powder at the redhead. "These were the best ones we could find." Kai added. Cole lifted an eyebrow at that. "Well yes, except, you got not only the best ones, but also the expensive ones. Trying to impress Skylor, tryhard?" The earth ninja joked, trying to humiliate his friend at the same time. The red ninja adapted to his colour very well. His cheeks burned red and he just looked at Skylor who smiled softly at him. "At least Kai cares about the food tasting good." She teased the redhead too.

Zane walked right inside the door and he had a rat in his hands. "Please pardon me for bringing this rat here but." He was stopped as most of the group were surrounding him. They looked down at the rat, and the rat sat there too, observing everyone. "Zane! Why would you pick up a rat! Gross!" Jay backed away right after, covering his nose. However, the small animal gave an angered look. They hopped out of Zane's hands and leaned on the floor. Lloyd's black eyes widened. "What's it doing?" He asks in curiosity. The group went silent as the rat laughed and a white light surrounded the creature. A new form took over the rat. It was one of a human? "Ah!" The four marooned ninja shrieked, seeing a familiar figure approach them. "Young ninja. It's only me." Mystaké told them with a smile on her face. She didn't seem hurt whatsoever. Which surprised the girls. Mystaké looked around the room and counted the group. Her smile faded until she realized that someone was missing. "Where's Dareth and Wu? Did he not make it?" She showed a bit of concern. Nya shook her head and bit her lip. "No no! they did in fact make it. They're just outside." She says. "Dareth is still kinda sad that the majority elemental masters got captured." She continued. Mystaké sat down by the table and turned to Lloyd who seemed like he wanted to ask her a question. "How did you here? We left with the only vehicle from the garbage depot. And how did you become a rat?" His questions all burst out at once. Skylor grabbed a few bowls from the cabinet and with a giant spoon, placed the broth and spiced up noodles inside the nine bowls and placed two bowls at a time on the table. The old woman smirks. "I'll tell you that. When we eat." She stands up and grabs the chopsticks from the cabinet as well. Lloyd groaned and sat down, impatient.
~~~
A few minutes into dinner, Lloyd grabbed the noodles with his chopsticks and slurped on the thin aliment. The spice turned on his tongue. He didn't eat much spicy food compared to Cole and Kai so he had several glasses of water beside him. Nya didn't have an issue with spicy food since Kai influenced her to get used to the delicious taste of spices and besides, she could just cool her burning tongue with her own water. "This is pretty good!" Lloyd smiled, took a sip of his glass of water as he panted for air. His tongue was still burning. Skylor chuckled put her empty plate in the sink. "How is it not? Isnt Skylor's cooking the best?" Kai picked up the noodles with his chopsticks and finished his last batch. Skylor blushed, hearing from the sink. Lloyd and Nya smirked.

"Anyways, Mystaké, if you don't mind getting to the point." The green ninja turned to the old woman. She laughed and stood up. She grabbed her own plate and gave it to Skylor. The master of amber smiled and grabbed the plate. "It's alright Mystaké. I'll clean them." She turned the faucet on and the water dripped. Its little liquid droplets clattered loudly on the metal holder. The old woman appreciated that, she sat back down and cleared her throat. "You really wish to know young Lloyd Garmadon?" She inquired. It seemed from here that when the truth is out, there's no more going back. Zane looked at Mystaké. "Your calling Lloyd. Though, the majority of us are pretty curious about how she turned into a rat." The ice ninja responded, turning to the green ninja right before letting out his comment. The blonde took a moment to think about it. "Yes. I am certain." His words stood out boldly.

Msytaké wrapped her hands on her face and she let out an amused burst of laughter. From there, her appearance changed drastically. Her hair was all gone, instead, a hat was placed on her head but what really stood out was the fact she had a beard. A beard? One that resembled master Wu's! Abruptly, the teenager stood up and had a perplexed look. "I have a beard?!" He shouted, almost dropping his plate. Dareth laughed and patted his back. "You'll arrive at that stage soon. No worries." He laughed. From there, Lloyd turned to the old woman. "You're an....oni." Ne concluded. Mystaké nodded. "I believe the last full blooded Oni. " she stated boldly. The green ninja looked at himself. "Then why can't i transform?" He pouted, a bit disappointed. If he could transform, it would be awesome!

Msytaké laughed. "Nonsense, you already transformed Lloyd Garmadon. From the bratty kid who wanted to be just like his dad, to the ultimate green ninja."

~~~

A/N thanks for reading guys! Hope you like it! Next chapter will be out next week! And Arc 1 will end. I gotta go now, since I'm writing this in history class and it's starting soon! So gotta end this quick!

Edit: Because I'm a Baka, I forgot to take off my reminder for this chapter. Thank FSM I didn't put any spoilers in the reminder or else I wouldn't forgive myself. Well that's out of the way!