Chapter FIVE - coffee morning

I was interrupted out of a nightmare by loud sounds in my living room, I mentally groaned and threw my body back down on the bed and covered my ears with the pillow. Why couldn't this complex learn I wasn't on the cleaning list? I didn't have anything to clean nor did I have the money.

Why is everyone in LA so pushy?

I don't need anyone to help me and I don't want anyone to help me.

I had worked myself up so much in my head that when another knock came from my door I dramatically threw the sheets off of me and stomped out to the living room.

They had knocked four times. Did they not get the fucking hint?

I harshly unlocked both locks, "I am not on the-" I sucked in my harsh tone the second I was met with a pair of pearly green eyes, his dimples deepened themselves when he saw how tense I was, "Um, sorry."

He had a huge white box in his arms, he pushed right past me and into the kitchen, "Well good morning to you too. I'll take a mental note, you aren't a morning person."

While his back was turned to me, I looked at his back up and down. He was wearing a pair of Gucci slippers, jean shorts that were rolled at the bottom and a plain black t-shirt.

Suddenly I was self conscious, I had just woken up.

I nervously looked down at my outfit, a see through white t-shirt with a old purple sports bra and a black pair of shorts that clung too my skin too much for my liking.

Harry turned around, "'ome on then, I got you a gift."

The look on his face was a cocky one, my jaw dropped and I immediately shook my head, "No, I am not taking anything else from you! Don't you have other things to do than bring random girls money and gifts?"

He squinted his eyes at me, reaching in his back pocket and pulling out his phone to only look at the screen and put it back, "I have a date with an old friend in 3 hours, so sorry love, but you're stuck with me until then."

Harry turned back around and ripped the top of the box open, reaching inside and pulling out a white coffee maker that was so nice that it seemed out of place in my apartment. My heart fluttered watching him carry it over to the counter and plug it in without any consent from me.

He went back to the box and pulled out two different mugs, one was pink with gold dots all over it and the other was white with black dots.

He twisted back around and crossed his arms, "So, since you wouldn't open my gift, I couldn't explain the meaning behind it," he huffed.

"I know you don't have much money at the moment, but I wanted to get to know you over coffee. And I thought..." his shoes clicked on the wooden floors as he approached my general direction slowly, "Why buy her one coffee and make her a little upset, when I can buy her all the coffee she will ever need and make her absolutely furious."

I bit hard on my lip as he spoke to me with a slow and deep voice, I tried to hide the smile but I couldn't suppress it.

With a sigh leaving my lips, I nodded, "Thank you, Harry," I shifted my gaze to the floor, avoiding eye contact with him when I spoke his name.

I jumped when his shoes made their way over to me and he engulfed me in a hug, "You're welcome, Lennon. Just want to help," he pulled away and looked down into my eyes before patting me gently on my upper arm, "that's all."

"No, and she came to sixteen different shows so you know... I had to go out and find her, and it became a mess. I almost got mobbed and it was this whole ordeal," Harry shook his head remembering the tour and explaining how hard things got sometimes, "But, there's some fun parts. The shows themselves, meeting the girls... and a few guys, they're super sweet."

I smiled slightly, looking down to my coffee as I took a sip and then staring at Harry once more.

"When did you sleep?" I asked curiously, it was mad to me to think that someone could maintain this lifestyle for ten months.

Harry looked up to me and snapped out of his story telling mode, "Whenever I could, really. It wasn't all that bad, sometimes we would stay in the venues city for a few days and I would be out and about. The shows would knock me out too, so I slept really good."

"That's good," I whispered, taking another drink.

He nodded, "Tell me about how you ended up here, I'm curious."

I rubbed my eye and gave him an uneasy look, "Um... I mean, I was living with my parents. I wasn't doing much there and, I had dropped out of school a few months ago so they weren't very pleased with me. I think they kicked me out to help me, there wasn't much I was striving towards. Now I have to wake up every morning and figure what the hell I'm going to do."

Harry tilted his head to the side, "You dropped out of college? Grades or something?"

I shook my head, "No, I had a 3.8 GPA. I loved my major. But one day I woke up and didn't love it anymore, I haven't really felt compassion or cared for something in a long time now."

There was a long silence were neither of us spoke, I could tell he was already developing an impression on what kind of person I am.

"I know you probably think I'm lazy, or unmotivated... or something. But it's not really that at all, I want to achieve so much but right now just isn't the time. It's hard to explain and, well I tried to get that point across to my parents and look where I am now," I chuckled, pointing to the empty apartment around me.

"Why are you laughing? You've been gone for how long?" Harry questioned sternly.

"About two weeks..."

He set his coffee mug down, "In two weeks, you have made quite some process in living alone. Don't be so hard on yourself, everything is going to be fine."

I took a deep breath and shrugged, for a second I stopped thinking about what Harry would think of me and I stared at him. His brown hair was getting long again, his eyes were a tinniest big darker in the morning, and his eyebrows framed them perfectly, "You know, Harry. You're not what I thought you were going to be like at all," I spoke truthfully.

He stepped back and rested his hands on his hips, "Carry on your thought."

"Well, quite frankly I thought you were going to be the biggest dick I've ever met," a small but noticeable smile spread across his face that he had tilted down, but still our eyes remained glued to each others, "But... you're just another nice guy, I guess."

His smile grew into showing his beautiful smile, "You guess? I brought coffee! I better be the nicest god damn lad you ever met," he warned, stepping closer to me again.

I stumbled back a little, hesitant to let him get so close to me. In an attempt to look away, I peered at the clock and noticed that he had been here for over two hours.

"O-Oh, you have that date..." I barely spoke the last word, it broke my heart a bit knowing he was going to leave soon but it was for the best. I really didn't want to get attached, considering he was literally about to go on a 'date' with someone else.

His tongue slid across his lip lightly, he did it so quickly I thought it was my imagination. He didn't stop looking at me, I could feel it until he ended up glancing at the clock himself, he hummed lightly and nodded, "Would you look at that, I do."

I led him over to the door and opened it for him, turning around to watch him slowly walk out of the kitchen area and around me to stop right in the threshold.

"I would love to do this another time," Harry went and held both of his hands around one of mine, he slowly bent down and kissed the small bit of my skin that was peeking out from between his hands.

My heart started beating so hard and fast that I was afraid he was going to hear it, once he pulled himself away from the kind gesture, he nodded to me, "I'll be around, please don't be a stranger."

I nodded and smiled, "Wouldn't dream of it."