Chapter TWENTY FOUR - quick flash

I fell asleep after my run on the couch. It was one of those naps where each time you woke up, you felt more tired than before so you go back to sleep and then the cycle continues.

Mentally for the past few hours I was completely drained. I didn't want to do anything other than sleep because whenever I was asleep I wasn't thinking about the fact that Harry was probably secretly seeing Sierra behind my back.

It wasn't a big deal, I mean it was, but I had been expecting it since the start. He should have just told me when he started and then we wouldn't be in this issue. So much for our date.

BANG.

I shot up from the couch with apprehension, but slowly approached it and stood up on my tip toes to peer into the peep hole.

To my surprise, it wasn't Harry, it was Dylan.

I swung the door open and immediately rushed into his large and muscular arms, more muscular than Harry's anyways. He didn't hug back so I pulled away, giving him a confused expression.

"What?" I whispered, he seemed irritated.

Dylan pushed around me and waltzed into the apartment, so I shut the door and followed him in. Butterflies were whooshing around in my stomach while he checked everything out, he licked his teeth before speaking.

"I came over here, knocked on the door and all. Didn't bother calling because," he noticed two mugs sitting on the counter and he turned back, "I didn't think you'd have company. But I heard you and someone else in here, whispering."

My heart sank, "When was this?" I mustered out in a small voice.

"Yesterday at like... seven," he recalled, Dylan crossed his arms and adjusted his stance so that his hip was sticking out, "What the fuck."

"Dylan, I am so sorry, I didn't know-"

"Who was here, Lennon?" Dylan demanded, stepping closer to me.

I opened my mouth and searched around the room with my eyes, trying to come up with another lie on the spot. With a hesitant breath I talked my way through it, "It was just a friend who was helping me with the sink, I thought you were probably housekeeping..."

I imagined Harry seeing Dylan through the peep hole, turning around, looking me in the eyes and then lying to me. Why would he tell me it was Sierra?

"Speaking of, can you stay here for one second? I need to run downstairs and talk to the lady at the desk," I noted, I needed to put in a request for the sink. It started acting up after I got home from my run, "Please? I'll be two minutes."

I placed my hands together in a begging motion, Dylan rolled his eyes once more and threw himself into the couch, "Fine."

"Thank you so much, I'll be right back. We'll talk then, okay?"

Dylan pulled his phone out and nodded, ignoring me partially.

I rushed out of the room, not even bothering looking to the right, but instead bolting down the blue carpeted staircase to the left of my door. When I got to the bottom I noticed that I had left the small gym light on. It was tucked away into the corner of the lobby, I wandered in and reached for the light switch.

"Lennon," I stiffened up and failed to move my arm enough to flick the light switch off. I slowly twisted my neck to see Harry standing a few feet away in the same suit he was wearing earlier. I snapped out of my frightened state and turned my body so I could face him.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I snapped with misery in my tone as I begged him with pleading eyes, "I don't care anymore, Harry."

Harry flipped the light on and we were face to face, our eye contact shortly lived when I noticed his hand reaching for the door handle. His fingers switched the lock with ease. I could feel his eyes burning into my cheek while I watched him with watery eyes.