Chapter SIX - secrets

Dylan opened the front door of the complex for me, I tiredly dragged myself in before him and started to walk up the blue stairs that led to the apartments.

"Len, really I didn't think you'd be able to get a job at all... nonetheless a decent one," Dylan spoke truthfully, his hand rested on my lower back giving me the push up the stairs that I needed.

My eyes were barely open and I nodded drowsily, "I didn't realize they would accept help that soon... people around here sure do love coffee."

It was approaching around eleven at night, but early this morning at six I started the hunt yet again for a job. The first place I started was this small coffee shop on a corner. Little did I know that this cafe was extremely low on help and was desperate for anyone, so I started a new job at 6:45. I was trained while the morning rush was going on.

"Here, where's your key? I got it," Dylan pulled the chain out of my bag and unlocked the door for me.

I rubbed my eyes harshly then put my hands up in the air, stretching my back and letting out a loud yawn.

"Come on," Dylan took me by the hand and pulled me into my apartment.

I felt like someone was watching me. I shrugged Dylan off of me and glanced over my shoulder.

I turned my head and there Harry stood, leaning against the ugly wallpaper with a curious look on his face. For the split second that we made eye contact his expression didn't change but soon enough I was in the apartment and Dylan shut the door behind me.

The skin on my forehead wrinkled as the door shut, the look on Harry's face kept replaying in my head. What was he doing out there?

I brushed my fingers through my hair in deep thought, I snapped out of it when Dylan shut the refrigerator door to look down at his phone.

"Len, Madeline just called so I'm going to head out... you alright here?"

I pursed my lips and nodded, "Yeah... I'm going to sleep, anyways."

Dylan rushed over and gave me a side hug, "Sleep well, Len," I gently smiled and watched him leave without saying anything else. I stayed still, standing a few feet away from the now closed door in my empty and silent apartment.

I blinked a couple times before heading into my bedroom, without thinking I slipped off my clothes and replaced them with my black shorts and a baggy white graphic t-shirt.

Right before I was about to collapse into bed and pass out, my door opened and I mentally groaned. Dylan had forgotten something.

My heavy feet carried me out into my bedroom doorway and I stood there with my eyes practically shut, arms crossed, "Dyl, what'd you-"

"You didn't lock your door again!"

Harry stood in the center of my living room, the door behind him was cracked open and I could see the chain lock dangling in the air. I studied the door before bringing my attention back to a mischievous looking Harry.

The beating in my chest stopped, my eyes opened immediately.

"What are you doing in my apartment?" I choked, stomping out into the living room.

"The door was unlocked," he shrugged, he lazily stepped over to the couch and fell down onto it. He draped his arms around the back of the sofa like he owned it.

"T-That doesn't mean you can come in!" I yelled, my arms fell to my side and I stood tall and confident.

My anger grew when Harry's calm and collected face turned upright into a small smile, he looked down at the ground and cocked a huge grin.