Chapter SEVENTEEN - fall

After I left Harry's house this morning, I ended up going back home to my apartment and taking another three hour nap. When I woke up from that nap, my hangover was still bad but a lot better than before. Since all of my clothes were still packed away in bags, I decided to finally put them away in the dresser.

I didn't take off Harry's shirt or socks, and the thought of bringing them back had been intruding my mind ever since I woke up. The shirt smelled like him. Having his scent near me was comforting, it let me organize my entire bedroom to the way it should have been long before now.

I was starting to worry about my mental well being again, I knew Harry was just a big crush that wasn't ever going to happen. He had Sierra. I tried to reason with myself that maybe I could accept Dylan back into my life and we could try and be more than friends. It burned a pit in my stomach though.

Dylan wasn't the one for me and I knew it, but sometimes you don't get what you want.

I sighed and pushed in the last drawer, finishing the entire clothes sorting process. It was nice to have my floor visible now and not covered up by duffel bags. I picked all of the bags up from the corner I was throwing them into as I sorted one by one, and placed them on the top shelf of my closet.

When I finished, I sat down defeated on my bed. My emotions were high and so was the stress and anxiety rushing through my body. I needed someone to be here for me, but there was no one.

For the longest time, I would refuse to ever hang out with anyone. I didn't want to see anyone because I was so at peace with myself. I enjoyed having mellow thoughts and relaxing all day. I noticed the second I moved out that I hated being left alone with my thoughts.

I needed someone around to distract me.

My body fell back into my bed and I tugged on the blankets to bring them close to my face, the smell of the comforter reminded me of my home. It was slowly being masked with the shirt I was wearing though, overbearing the rest of my senses.

There wasn't a second that past that I wasn't worried about Dylan and or Harry. I constantly thought about them. And the only way I could get them out of my head was being with them.

I sighed but forced myself up out of bed and into my kitchen, looking for my phone and finding it on the counter.

The home screen unlocked simultaneously to putting my thumb on the lock button, and I clicked on the phone app, bringing up my recent contacts. I hovered over Dylan's name... I should call and just talk to him. I know he would be willing to if I was the one who brought it up.

BANG.

I turned around to the knocking on my door and hurried over, not bothering on checking the peephole. The two locks weren't even locked so I pulled it open immediately, the open door exposed Harry in distress.

"You forgot your dress," he grouched, I was freaked out when he lightly shoved me out of the way and stormed into my house. When he entered, he didn't hand me my dress either, he clung onto it and stood in the middle of my living room.

My body inhibited me from moving at the moment, I stood there in the doorway in complete shock.

"Shut the damn door," Harry threw the dress on the couch harshly and stomped over to where I was, placing his hand next to mine and slamming the door shut.

I swallowed and kept my eyes down and focused on the ground, my shoulders were tense and I didn't move a muscle when he didn't walk away from where I was standing. I wish I would've called Dylan.

Why was he so mad? Had he found something out? There was nothing to find out... and I have never done him wrong, or been mean or-

"Sierra's on her way and I can't be around her for another second," Harry let a deep sigh out, resting his palm on my upper forearm. I gradually moved my head up to meet his eyes, they weren't mad or angry, they were stressed out, "Please let me stay here for the night, I'll pay you-"