Chapter TWENTY - inglewood

I kept my hands over my eyes, listening to the oldies Harry had put on in the car and swaying my head from side to side. The Beatles were playing, more specifically Here Comes the Sun.

Before me and my parents slowly lost our close relationship, The Beatles were always playing somewhere in the house. My parents were older than most, they were both entering their forties when they decided to have me so I was brought up with older music and learned to love it at a young age.

I didn't have a ton of friends growing up since I was so shy and moving from Canada to LA right in the middle of my teenage years did not help. It added to my awkwardness and inability to make friends. The Beatles were the one consistent thing in my life.

Me enjoying a boy band, such as one direction, has been and always will be out of character of myself. I don't know why I liked them, but I did.

"You're peeking!" Harry lightly slapped my leg.

"No I am not! Keep those hands on the wheel, sir," I mocked him as I continued to dance, even over the loud music his chuckles were well heard, "How much longer?"

I felt the speed of the car slowly down and my body swayed over to the right, I bounced back quickly and we hit a slight bump, "Let me just park... and then," Harry slowed his words down, "We will go in."

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I whined.

"No!" Harry yelled back, I rolled my eyes at his response and sank down into my seat. I tried to act tough but in reality I was scared shitless right now. He could be taking me to a club. He could be taking me to some fancy restaurant, where I have to sit down and eat in front of him. What if I'm too messy? Or he could be taking me to a river front and I'm not dressed properly.

I recalled my outfit. Black skinny jeans, with holes in the knees of course, grey tank top with a boob pocket, distressed over sized jean jacket and my light blue converse. Am I too dressed down? Am I trying to hard with this outfit? I hope he doesn't think I can't afford jeans without holes. I should tell him I bought these like this. Maybe he thinks he needs to buy me new jeans, are we at the mall?

The car urgently came to a stop, Harry's arm held me back from flying forward and he uttered a slight apology, "Sorry, car's new. Don't really know how to drive this yet."

Another eye roll. At least he can't see them.

"I'm going to get out and come around to help you, don't open your eyes," Harry's words were firm and quick, when I didn't reply he started bugging me again, "Please don't open your eyes, Len, for me?"

"I won't, I won't, promise," I confirmed, I sat up partially and waited for Harry to come around and help me out after he slammed his door shut.

The cold breeze hit me on my right side and I knew it was opened when Harry's hand held onto my upper arm, I rested my hand on top of his for moral support and carefully stepped out of the car. Harry shut the door behind me and then linked his arm in mine, continuing to hold my upper arm too with his other hand.

"How long is the walk?" I asked, gradually becoming more confident in walking and trying my best to trust Harry not to crash me into anything. I had a death grip on him but he didn't say anything, it was understandable why I was holding on so tightly.

"Stop stop," he eagerly spat, "I'm opening this door, hey Scott," my stomach sank and I gripped on even tighter. Why are there other people here?

"Hey man," 'Scott' sounded confused. Wonder why.

"This is Lennon, I'm going to show her around. It's a secret though so don't say anything that might tip off her," Harry let go of me with one hand to, well I assume, shake Scott's hand.