Monster RAT x reader

A.N. I apologize it took me so long to get to this! I didn't really know how I wanted it to go, but in a moment of inspiration I wrote it! I hope you enjoy!

Requested by RajwaAlexa 

(Also, Monster RAT is in the picture above, but if you want to imagine him in a different appearance then go right ahead!)

The image above was created/drawn by Wolf-con-f. I don't take credit for it at all.

Italics - thoughts

Walking up the stairs, one step at a time, you let out a loud sigh. Today was practically hell for you. Customer service has got to be one of the worst jobs you ever agreed to. You had to deal with customers practically screaming in your face. It didn't help that some of your coworkers decided not to show up either. Which meant you also had to work later than normal. All you wanted to do now was relax, maybe watch a movie or something, and sleep the rest of the night away.

Opening your door, you nearly had a heart attack. Sitting on your bed was none other than Monster RAT, although you liked to call him RAT for short.

"Hey, what's up RAT? Whatcha doing in here by yourself?"

Glancing up at you he tilted his head to the left a little. Standing up he tried to tell you what he was doing through sign language. It was confusing when you first met him. But, after learning more about it you both could easily communicate. Watching him explain what he was doing, he instead asked if you were alright.

Sighing, you walked over to sit on the bed next to him. "Not really buddy. I had a horrible time at work today."

Sitting back down beside you, RAT put his arm around your shoulder and pulled you further against him. You would be lying if you said you didn't blush at least a little bit. In truth you had come to grow a crush on the silent monster. Nice standards, right?

Looking over at him you smiled, which he returned. Suddenly, as if getting an idea, he bolted off the bed and into the closet to grab something.

After digging around for a few more seconds, he came rushing back to your side and gave the item to you. It was one of your favorite movies, a comedy to be exact.

Looking back up at RAT he signed something quick, almost so quick it was hard to keep up at first. But, you were still able to make out what he said.

'To help cheer you up!'

Smiling again, you stood up and gave him a big hug. "Thank you so much RAT! But, I don't think this will be enough. I want you to stay and watch it with me."

Pulling away from the hug, RAT had a little bit of a blush on his cheeks. Shaking his head he nodded his head in understanding while smiling.

Putting the movie in the DVD player, you walked back to the bed and laid down next to RAT. While watching the movie, you reached for RAT's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. A bit surprised by the contact, RAT looked over at you.

Before he could turn away you quickly, but yet gently, put your lips against his own. It was quite hard for him to kiss back, but he still tried his best to return the favor.

Pulling away after a few more seconds, you realized you both were blushing. Although, RAT was blushing much more than you.

Chuckling a little bit, you looked back at RAT. "Thanks for making me feel better. I really appreciate it RAT."

As if he could blush anymore, he looked away while smiling slightly. Before looking back at you and smiling even wider and nodding his head, as if to say 'no problem'.

You both then turned back to continue watching the movie, while also cuddling even closer to each other.

'I guess today wasn't so bad after all.' You thought.