Chapter 16

*Zaydens P.O.V*

I woke up to someone shaking me and notice Kayson was shaking me and was covered in mud. I didn't care if he was covered in mud or not, I jumped up and hugged him tightly. "Did someone miss me?" He said and I just nodded and snuggled closer to him, I always feel a lot better when he is by my side, or making some type of physical contact. I stood on my tip toes and pecked him on the lips and went back to hugging him.

"Hey I brought some clothes to keep over here and I am going to shower to get all this stuff off of me." He said and I just started at him, just happy that he is with me again. I checked the time and looked and saw that it was going on 10. I somehow just slept through the whole entire day, I must have been really tired from the night before.

While Kayson walked into the bathroom to get into the shower, I walk onto the balcony looking down at the lake. I started to think about what I am going to do when I have to go back to college, I can't leave Kayson for a whole school year. I threw it out my mind and will try to figure it out when time comes.

My mind drifted off to me and Kayson and what the future holds for us when we get older. I felt Kaysons arms wrap around my waist and he placed his head on top of my head, I leaned back against him. I turn around and kissed him gently and lead him over to the love seat on the balcony and we laid on it there.

"So how was it going to Braxtons house?" I asked curious on what they had to call him in for.

"It was interesting and we had to meet up with another pack today and all that boring stuff, and I actually got to ask you something about you?" He said and looked at me with a serious face and I said "go ahead"

"Have you heard about our kind before, like has your grandmother mentioned anything about my parents or Braxtons parents?" He said and I shook my head "No, why?" I said and he just looked confused, "Just some things got mentioned at the meeting but nothing that you need to be to worried about" He said and kissed my forehead and I just gave him a gummy smile.

I could tell that what ever was said at the meeting is bothering him, but I didnt want to mention the topic. I could tell that his mind was in a whole diffrent place, so I tried to get his mind off of it, "So what do you want to do tomorrow?" I asked while snuggling closer to him and putting my head on his chest.

"I was wondering if you would like to go meet Braxtons dad, he knows your grandmother and he was saying he meet you when you were around 1 years old. I think he would like for you to come to see how much you have grown since then." He said.

"That sounds perfectly fine with me and does he know that I know about y'all?" I asked him hoping that it wouldn't be a problem of me knowing about them.

"Yeah they do and the also know that your my soul mate and that's another reason they wanted to meet you. They don't believe that I have feelings enough to fall in love with someone." He said, and the only thing I could think of was him saying he loved me.

"Wait you actually loved me and not just like me?" I said with the sound of shock in my voice, lifting my head off his chest to stare at him.

"Yes I do love you, you are my soul mate and I don't know how not to love you, you are amazing and wonderful and just make me so happy." He said and I kiss him for this and we pull apart and I say, "I love you too."

"Alright lets go to sleep I am tired from meeting with that other pack and I really like the sound of sleeping." He said and even though I have been sleeping all day, I think I could fall asleep again with Kayson by my side.

"Okay." I said getting up and grabbing his hand and walking over to the bed and laying down, and him laying down beside me. I let sleep take over me again and still had in the back of my mind wondering what happened at the meeting.

*Kayson P.O.V*

I look over to see Zayden had already fell  asleep so quickly, and I thought back on the meeting that happened just a few hours ago.

*Flashback to the meeting*

I was on Braxtons dad right side while Braxton was on his left side, and right in front of us was the pack leader of the southern pack and one person on each side of him. We were all in human form but ready to switch to wolf form any second if someone made a wrong move.

"I wanted to speak to you Arlos (Braxtons dad name) and talk about a human boy that has been hanging around y'all's pack." Whenever he said this my body tensed up and was starting to become angry, and nervous.

"Okay and why does this concern us?"Arlo said, keeping the same face before, a serious face.

"Because we have been hearing that its a women named Barbras grandson and we are trying to figure out if this rumor is true or not." The other pack leader said.

"Even if he is with us and Barbras grandson, why does it matter?" Arlos asked a question looking kinda confused at what there trying to get at.

"Well if it is true, that means that he could possibly be my nephew and I would love to know more about him if he is." At this I was shell shocked, I was trying to put everything together but nothing would come together. And also the idea of Zayden getting near this guy started to make my blood boil. 

I could feel Braxtons eyes on me and trying to see if I was okay with what was being said, but I couldn't look over towards him because i was to busy glaring at the man across from Arlos. He looked over at me and gave me a smirk and said, "Little buddy over there seems to me giving me a dirty look every time i mention the boy." He said, and started to walk towards me.

I could see Braxton ready to jump any minute if he tried to pull anything on me. "You must be hanging around with he a lot since i can tell your scent has someone else mixed in with it and its really strong." I just kept glaring and could feel my body start to shake at this moment, and then i feel braxtons dad hand on my shoulder and I look at him.

"If this is all you wanted to talk about you could have sent a messenger, I am guessing there is more to this." Arlos said.

"Yes, if I can't have a son in the next 10-20 years, we will need to change the boy back to a wolf and see if he will be an alpha and make him be the new leader." The other man said and that's when I really wanted to jump across and attack him.

"That cant happen, even if he did change back to a wolf he has already found his soul mate in our pack and would be staying with our pack." Arlos said, "And isn't your one of your wives already had your child before?"

"Yes they have but there always end up being omega or a beta and we are running out of options and if he does change to a wolf he would be apart of our pack because his grandmother never did change packs. So he would be picking up from were she left off." He said and I am so lost about what was going on, was Zaydens grandmother a werewolf before?

"We will see when it comes to that time, but for now this meeting is over with and we will be taking our leave now." Arlos said backing away and heading back to his house.

"Hey boy that has the mixed scent, I suggest you watch who you are messing with, you would hate for him to be taken from you." At this i had my limit and turned back and turned into my wolf, ready to rip him to shreds. Before I could jump at him Braxton had changed into his wolf form and jumped in front of me to stop me from doing something stupid.

I turned around and transformed back into my human form once I calmed down and stormed off toward Arlos who was still walking to the house. Once we got back to Braxtons house his dad said, "I am going to explain everything tomorrow about Zaydens grandmother but for now go home and rest. I want you to bring Zayden here tomorrow for lunch and I am going to talk to y'all 3 and tell y'all the truth." He said and walked into the house with his head down, and tired from the meeting.

I look over to Braxton when he grabbed my shoulder and told me to go home before it starts raining and i just nodded and took of to my house to get some clothes.

*End of Flashback*

After I thought back over everything, it made me tired just thinking about it and i finally let sleep consume me.

Hey everyone i am still on vacation and i am sorry i havent updateduch but i promise after vacation i will and i hope everyone is doing okay, remember to share, comment, and vote!!!!