8) Jake Peralta

Jake coming to the rescue on your first day at the 99

The day hadn't started how you wanted it to. You work up late, your iron broke and burn your favourite shirt, your keys were nowhere to be seen. To top it off your stupid car wouldn't start, making you even later.

Giving up, after screaming in your car at the piece of junk, you sat back to enjoy your coffee. That was until someone knocked on your window. From shock, you spilt boiling hot water down you.

You looked over at the person and smiled.
"It's my jake" he mouthed grinning.
You sighed and put the window down.

"Hey, Jake" you hesitated. You didn't want him to see you like this.
"You okay? You're gonna bet late and it's your first day." Jake exclaimed.

You nodded before slamming your head on your steering wheel.
"My car won't start. And now I have coffee all over me" you mumbled.

"oh that's okay I'll give you a lift. Also, you can just wear a police sweater, they are very comfortable" he suggested opening the car door.
"Come on, I've got to look out for you" Jake added.

You got out of the car and locked it.
"Okay, thanks". You went to hug him but he stepped away.
"Maybe after you get out of those clothes" he laughed leading the way.

On the way to the precinct, you found that you both had the same taste in music. He was crazy obsessed with die hard, which was cute to you.
You told him all about the places you saw when travelling. You both had hit it off pretty good.

Entering the precinct was embarrassing. Everyone was there to meet you and you had coffee all down you. Saying a quiet goodbye then excusing yourself, you quickly ran off to change.

With a few directions from jake, you found the place to get all your stuff.
Your badge, gun, equipment and clothing.

Slipping the sweater on in the bathroom was hard, but Jake was right, it was so damn comfy.

Over the top, you put your gun holder and badge on your belt. You looked badass with the gun sat in your leather holder and your badge sticking out.

Captain Holt had given you simple cases to start off with, where you would work on at your desk. It was opposite Charles. He said we sibs catching some crims.

Jake would slide over on his chair every now and then. He would check up on me them tell me about the awesome case he was on.

Rosa had started a conversation in the break room. It didn't feel forced and she seemed nice to you. Even after saying some violent things.

You stayed later than your shift to work on a case involving a missing woman who had just been brought in. It was just you and jake left.
The other left soon after their shift.

Gina practically ran out of the 99.
You held in a giggle when she came charging by.

You had finally found a number to call to tell them that their wife had been found. You dial the number and spoke to them awhile.

As soon as you wrote up the report and handed the woman over to the worried husband, you sat back to rest.
You grinned at the ceiling thinking that you had just closed your first case.

Pushing back on your feet you guided over to Peralta's desk.
"I'm all done, slow coach" you hummed resting your head in your hands.

"That's fantastic, and I am not slow. I'm trying to bust some drug dealer. That just doesn't happen in one day but now missing person found, does." He informed.

"Oh let me help you. I would love to work with you on the field" you begged gripping his arm.
"Captian won't let you. And aww thanks I'm honoured." Jake squeaked.

"Just ask him. Tell him it'll be good for me to assist you and if you get him to say yes. I'll give you a token, you can have one thing from me but once its spent you can't reuse it." you pleaded.

"Ahhh I'll see" Jake huffed sitting back.
"You're gonna be the death of me" he added looking at you with his soft brown eyes.

"I know I am and you're okay with that. So... Wanna go for a drink?" You asked getting up.
"sure".

At the bar, you got a booth and sat with two beers.
"You know I always dreamed of being a detective, ever since I was 4. I can thank die hard for that. When I was young I was called stupid for it, crazy to think I could do a job that hard" Jake confessed after a few drinks.

"I would have thought it was cute, I wanted to do this since I was younger too. And now look at us, you're the best detective of the 99 and I'm just starting. Its where we wanted to be" you grinned think of all the times you would play in front of your mirror, facing your rest face.

"The best? You think in the best" Jake asked.
"Yeah... For now anyway, I'm going not be the best" you assured him.

"Ooh is that a threat Boyle. Eww no, I'm never calling you that again." He cringed at himself.
"Yeah, it is Peralta, what are ya gonna do about it?" You teased laughing.

"Stop you from ever being the best. I will forever rule the 99 and no one will get in my way. And if they do, they shall be thrown to the wolfs." He declared puffing out his chest.

You laughed and ended up leaning into his chest. After you calmed down and gotten less red, you lifted off him.
"your funny Peralta" you complimented before getting up to get another drink.

Little did you know Jakes' heart had skipped a beat when you leaned on him. He felt the urge to wrapped you up in his arm and never let go. He realised he liked you.

For the whole night, you sat and drank, just getting to know each other. You felt comfortable speaking with him like he was a old friend.

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽
An

What your favourite season of b99?
Mines either s1 or s5

🚔🔫