Chapter 7: to the store!

A/N

this is about 2500 words so strap in everyone!
—————
John's POV

(God I'm so bad at doing different POVs)

After that whole thing with the missing clothes Y/N took us to a 'car', I think it was called. She said it was a metal carriage that can drive itself. There's a lot of things I definitely need to catch up on. And why dose she have bars in the back of her car...? Maybe I should ask later.

Anyways, let me tell you seeing those talk buildings is something else. They're so big! It's kinda scary, but, not at the same time. I guess it just makes me dizzy. Y/N's been really nice to us. I mean she could've just thrown us out to the streets but she didn't, she's teaching us everything about this time, getting us clothes and setting up a place to sleep. I know I wouldn't be able to do it. I feel like it'd be really stressful.

I think we're going to the store. Hopefully we can get some different clothes, I think Lafayette's clothes are a little tight on him. He won't admit but I can tell. He probably doesn't want to be rude. Honestly with how much she yelled earlier I wouldn't want to say anything either.

"So, what do you guys think so far?"

I almost jump, the whole car ride it's been quiet other than the noises outside.

Alex looks over. He's in the front seat. "I don't know what to think... it's all just so... I can't find words." Y/N laughs. "I think Amazing will do for now." She looks so happy... wait...

"What do you do for a Job? You never told us." I know she has one because she's mentioned it a lot but other than that we don't really know anything. She looks surprised. "Oh, I make music for big companies like soundtracks or something. I also make songs, do voice acting and other stuff." Lafayette seems really excited all of a sudden. "Can you sing now?!"

Now that caught Y/N off guard. "I-I uh... I don't know. I haven't got time to rehearse or a-anyth-" Alex cuts her off. "If you have a job as a singer I'm sure you'll be good." Now I'm on the edge of my seat. Maybe I really want to see her sing....

She looks to the side a little and just like that she gets an idea. She grabs her phone and puts on some music. The car wasn't moving so I guess it's okay. It sounds like a really good song.

A couple seconds in Y/N starts singing and oh my god she has such a great voice. I mean really, she must practice a lot to get it that good, no wonder it's part of her job!

After she finishes the song we all clap, she smiles seeming really embarrassed. "Thank you guys, I've never had a live audience." Alex looks over at her like she's crazy. "You've never had a live audience?! Are you kidding your voice is amazing!" Lafayette nods. "I agree mon ami, why haven't you had a live audience?"

She starts to think. I started paying less attention and looking outside, there's a lot of screens in New York City. I wouldn't expect this. And the part of the city where Y/N lives is quieter. I look at the advertisements and I see one for a free cruise if you enter a raffle. It's sponsored by this company. I didn't pay attention because I wrote it down on a paper I grabbed from the pocket on Alex's seat. I think Y/N would like this. It looks fun and relaxing. Obviously I won't call now but I will soon.

-time skip to the store! And going
camping on Friday the thirteenth.-

Y/N's POV

Sooner or later we got to the Mall. I thought it'd be easier considering it's a bunch of stores in one place instead of going to one store at a time. I had to park my car some ways away but that's alright, I'll just make everybody carry a bunch of bags.