Chapter 2

After school, I get ready to go for a run in the woods. Mom usually yells at me for going for runs there. She thinks it's "dangerous". But I'm capable of taking care if myself.

Since I found out I was a witch, I've been trying to learn a few thinks. Turns out, doing magic with your mind is really hard. I found this box in the attic with my grandmother's name on it and there was a book full of spells in it. I guess she knew what I was, and so she left that for me.

When I reach the entrance of the forest and start stretching a little before I start a slow jog. I speed up and the trees blow past me.

I slow down and lean against a tree, trying to catch my breath.

"What are you doing here?" A deep voice asks. "Huh? This is private property" I pick my head I'm and look in the direction of the voices.

"Sorry man we didn't know," Stiles says

I follow the voices which leads me to a small clearing bear the river. I hid behind a tree and watch as Scott and Stiles talk to another guy.

He stood at a safe distance from the two with a bitter look plasteree in his face as he talked to the two teens.

"We were just looking for something...but Uh...forget it"

There's a few shuffles before someone walking away.

"Dude that was Derek Hale," Stiles says
"You Remember right? He's only a few years older than us"

"Huh," Scott asks "Remember what?"

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire like 10 years ago".

"What are you guys doing in the middle of the woods?" I ask, walking out of my hiding spot.

"Vanessa?" Stiles asks shocked.

"No, I'm Santa" I roll my eyes

"What are you doing here," Scott asks me

"I always take my runs after school. What are you guys doing here? Looking for another season body?" I raise my eye brow.

"Scott over here, dropped his Inhaler last night- and we're- we're just looking for it" Stiles tells me, patting his best friend's shoulder.

I look at the two before letting out a breathe. "Well, I'm gonna go. Catch up with you guys later"

Stiles akwardly waves at me. I let out a small chuckle before turning around and jogging back to the entrance of the woods.

˚‧º·˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ ‧º·˚

"Well, they were in the woods, talking to Derek Hale, who supposedly shows up 10 years after his whole family was killed," I tell Conner as we walk down to the Lacrosse field.

"That's suspicious,"

"They were looking for Scott's inhaler. He said that he dropped it the night they went in the woods looking for a dead body" I explain.

"And so?"

"Conner, I know Scott. Why would he suddenly just drop his inhaler and leave it there? He either couldn't find it, or he was running from someone or something and lost it. My guess is that is was the werewolf,"

"-that bit him," he finishes. I nod. "Well, I gotta control my anger issues so that I don't kill someone and trigger my curse. You worry about Scott,"

I nod. "Okay, you go out there and play, while I sit and observe"

He smiles at me before running onto the field.