Chapter 9

"Ally, the least you could do was warn us not to wear nice shoes" I complain as I struggle to climb another hill. I groan as I step into another mud puddle. "And you so owe me a new pair of boots.

"When you told us you needed to run some errands before we go shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods wasn't what I was expecting..." Lydia says

Allison stops and turns around to face us. "Lydia... before I forget, I wanted to ask you if you're okay with something," She starts. "Jackson asked me to go to the winter formal with him"

I look at her in disbelief. She just broke the biggest rule in the best friends rule book; never go out with your best friend's ex-boyfriend. I cannot believe Allison. She knew that Jackson broke up with Lydia but she still said 'yes? Wow, worst bestie ever...

"He did?" Lydia asks, clearly not enjoying this conversation.

"I mean it's not like I'd take him to Coach's office during Lacrosse practice and make out with him," Allison says, turning to look at Lydia.

Oooooo, I bit my lip. Apparently that 'lipstick malfunction' that Jackson noticed with Lydia after Scott hit Danny, yeah well, the 'malfunction' was Scott's lips all over her in Coach's office. Stiles asked Scott to ask Lydia if she liked him and he made out with her... Best friends second biggest rule broken; don't make out with your best friend's crush.

Allison stops and sets her bag on the ground and takes out a bow and arrowhead. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Isn't this, kind of dangerous?" I ask

"Loosen up, Nessa," She tells me.

Yeah well, considering your entire family is a group of supernatural hunters, and their daughter just happens to stumble across a bow and arrow, I don't think I can...

She finally stands up and points the arrow at a tree before letting go. As soon as it collides with the tree, it bursts into flames. My eyes widen.

"Was that suppose to happen?"

Lydia walks up to her. "Well, that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

Before Allison can respond, I wipe my head around when I hear a twig snap. "Is it just me, or did you guys hear that too?" I ask them.

Allison looks in the same direction and slowly hands over the bow to Lydia who takes it, holding it at the tip of her fingers. Allison starts to walk in the direction of the sound.

"What are you doing?" Lydia asks

"I just wanna see what that sound was. Don't worry, it's probably just nothing" She reassures.

"Allison, are you out of your mind? If we heard something, we shouldn't even be standing here right now, we should be running for our lives. What if that nothing is something and that something is dangerous?"

She looks at Lydia then at the bow. "Shoot it," She says before walking away.

I turn to my sister. "She's joking, right? How the hell are we supposed to shoot whatever is out there when we don't even know how to use a freaking bow?!"

She shrugs, trying to hide the scared look on her face. I sigh.

After a few long minutes, Allison walks back to us with a sad look on her face. What just happened?

˚º·˚ ˃̣̣̥˂̣̣̥ º·˚