Chapter 8

"Help me get this in front of the door," Scott tells Jackson as we all scramble into the cafeteria.

"Scott, wait, not here," Stiles says. I look at him and let out a sigh, staring at the wall of windows.

"What was that?" Allison asks, freaking out. "Scott, what was that?"

"What came out of the ceiling?" Lydia asks.

"Will you just help me?" Scott snaps, making the two shaking girls stop. They grab chairs and help Scott and Jackson stack them on top of the freezer.

,Guys - Can we just wait a second? You guys, listen to me, w - Can we wait a second?" Stiels tries to get their attention. ,Guys? Stiles talking. Can we hang on one second, please?"

"Hello!" I shout. Everyone stops and looks at me. "Can I have a minute. Not to ruin your moment of stacking things against a door but there is literally a wall full of windows" I raise my eyebrow, gesturing to the windows behind me

"Can somebody please explain to me what's going on, because I'm freaking out here. And I would like to know why," Allison says, trying to hold back her tears. "Scott?"

Scott looks down, unable to answer that question.

"Somebody killed the janitor," Stiles says.

"What?"

"Yeah, the janitor's dead," He confirmed.

"What's he talking about? Is this a joke?" Allison looks at all four of us, trying to trace any look or reaction from us. She really thinks we'd be joking about something like this? I literally just witnessed someone getting killed in front of me.

"What, who killed him?" Jackson asks.

Lydia shakes her head. "No, no, no, no. This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion killed -"

"No, don't you get it?" Jackson snaps at her. "There wasn't a mountain lion," Lydia looks at him hurt.

I glare at him. "Talk to her like that again and I'm gonna rip your tongue out" I threaten. I don't know what my sister sees in this jackass.

"Who was it?" Allison asks. What does he want? What's happening? Scott!"

"I - I don't know. I - I just - If - if we go out there, he's gonna kill us," Scott stammers, not knowing what to do. We can't say anything without risking telling them about the supernatural.

"Us? He's gonna kill us?" No, the lockers, smartass.

"Who? Who is it?" Allisona asks.

"It's Derek. It's Derek Hale," Scott says. Stiles, Conner and I all stare at him in shock. Isn't he dead? But I get why Scott said that. We don't have a choice. And if Derek really is dead, then we have nothing to worry about. Right?...

"Derek killed the janitor?" Jackson asks us,confused.

"Yeah, that's literally what we just said" I tell him.

"Are you sure?" Allison asks. No, we're not. That's why we're telling you this so you can confirm it.

"I saw him" Scott says.

"The mountain li "

Scott shakes his head. "No, Derek killed them,"

"All of them?"

He nods. "Yeah, starting with his own sister,".

"The bus driver?"

"And the guy in the video store - it's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us. And if we don't get out now - He's going to kill us too"