Chapter 16

So, Klaus and Marcel were exposed to some kind of dark magic when they were out saving children's lives. Sucks to be them. Anyways, Hayley and Elijah are taking Hope into the bayou which is the woods in Beacon Hills. Weird but whatever.

They offered me to come with but I wanted to help, so I stayed behind with Freya and Klaus. They think that it's dangerous for me to be here, and I've explained hundreds of times that I was and have always been in danger. I was almost killed by a werewolf in a police station, what more is there to get?

"Tell me again what happened at this ritual?" Freya asks Klaus, who stood by a wooden table and slit his hand, allowing some of his blood to fall into the bowl for a spell.

He sighs. "I fought evil and I saved children. I should be given a medal, instead, I've been infected by some depraved ghost"

"Well, maybe your medal is the infection by this depraved ghost," I say as I stroll around the church attic. Klaus gives me a look and I send him a fake smile.

"Well, I know purging spells and cleansing rituals. So we can fix this," Freya tells him. "In the meantime, have you considered that you're not the only one infected?"

"Marcel was exposed as well"

"And your visions are Father's goading you to kill your enemy. If Marcel is seeing something similar- "

"Then we're all on the chopping block" Klaus concludes. I raise my eyebrow but don't say anything.

"I need to purify you both," Freya says.

"No, not yet," Klaus furrows his eyebrows. "If the Hollow can look into me, I can look back into it. Find out what it is, what it wants,"

"Well, that doesn't sound dangerous," I say sarcastically. "Why not try and do something more stupid at the same time?"

"This thing came after Hope," He declares.

"I'll give you an hour," Freya tells him. "And something else" She reaches to her side and takes a dagger off the table, holding it out. "The means to kill the un-killable of New Orleans. If Marcel comes after you, use this." The sibling's eyes meet, Klaus' holding anger. Freya scoffs. "Oh, mad I kept a secret from you? Chastise me once you've made it through the day," Klaus looks at the dagger before taking it from Freya and leaving the church attic.

˚º·˚ ˃̣̣̥˂̣̣̥ º·˚

Freya pours the blood across a small hand-made wheel. "Forget something?" I turn around and see Keelin walk into the church attic.

"Yeah, my Hippocratic oath," She says as she walks into the room, shoving her hands into her pocket. "I was halfway to the bus station when I realized that you were here alone. Marcel's still alive and I'm bailing on you. All things considered, you did cure me of my curse. Though, I now see that you aren't alone," I raise my hand and awkwardly wave at her. "Well, let's see this thing through," She walks over to the table that Freya stood at.

"Look, I appreciate that, but as usual, I'm in the middle of a family crisis," Freya says.

"What'd they get into now?"

"Last night, Klaus was infected by dark magic, unlike anything any of us have seen before. That totem represents that power, and the only way for us to figure out how to heal him is for me to channel it and give it access to me," Freya explains.

I step forward. "That's way too dangerous. We don't know what it can do," I say worriedly. "I've read a lot about dark magic, and from what I've gathered, it messes with your head and infects your heart. This is not an option,"