You're Mine

Sorry that this took about two years to actually do @Panda_cake00077, but thank you for the idea :)

So. Logan let me borrow her shoes for tonight's little party.

Do they look good on me?

Holy Hades yes they do.

The only problem is that whenever I'm not standing still or sitting, I am falling and stumbling and overall acting like a baby antelope that doesn't know how to walk. A flailing, screeching baby antelope.

Before Camp Half-Blood, I had never had the chance to wear high heels. I had always dreamed to do it someday, and to stride around the city, oozing confidence and beauty. I probably should have listened to Logan when she said that it took practice, but like with most things, I thought that I would take to it naturally. When your dad is the god of music, truth, prophecy, healing, the sun and light, plague, poetry and even more, you pick things up pretty quick. Strutting in heels isn't one of my gifts I guess.

My boyfriend, Nico, has been watching out for me all night, arms slightly tensed and his feet pointed towards me so he can catch me when I tumble. He's been really sweet. Nico is always sweet. Even though my primary god given gift is plague, Nico has never been scared to hug me and catch a cold or kiss me and get Mono. Those aren't' actually plagues, but I like saying that to prove that Nico is the best and that he loves me more than being sick.

"Hey, (Y/N)? Are you alright?" his voice brought me out of my thoughts and I blinked a few times. I had accidentally been staring at someone while thinking but now he was looking at me weird so I made a weird face and looked to Nico. There was a little frown on his very kissable lips and I wanted to kiss him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I sighed, "Just lost in thought." I waved my hand around in the air near my head and got a suspicious eyebrow raise from him.

"So, you weren't just staring at Mark over there for two minutes on purpose?" Nico questioned. I gave him my own raised eyebrow. Internally, I was thinking:

Of course not, stupid, I was thinking about how perfect and wonderful you are!

But what came out of my mouth was:

"What does it matter to you?"

Nico took a step away from me and tilted his head to the side. I instantly felt bad about it, but at the same time I was a little thrilled. Nico was so rarely jealous. I kind of liked it when he was. So, naturally, I intend to keep on going. I gave Nico a smile and looked around, noticing that the boy, Mark, was relatively close to the punch.

"Would you like a drink, Nico?" I asked. He nodded. I began to walk to the punch bowl and when he followed me I turned to tell him that walking by myself is good practice. Again, Nico frowned a bit and I felt bad. I leaned close to him and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll be right back!" I called as I stumbled to the punch.

Keep your head high, heel toe, heel toe, heel toe, keep legs firm, squeeze the butt-

"Hey there." I heard his voice and figured it was Mark's, so I looked up. It was Mark, the infamous boy with very blonde hair and an easy grin. One of his front teeth was chipped but both of his cheeks were dimpled. Overall a very cute boy. This was going to be fun.

"Hey yourself." I flashed him a smile and went to filling up two cups of punch.

"You're (Y/N), right?" Mark extended his hand towards me. "I'm Mark. From the Hermes cabin." I reached over and shook his hand daintily.

"Yep, that's me. I must be getting pretty famous around here if boys like you know my name," I purred, taking a sip of my punch. I saw Mark's eyes turn dark and his smile became a bit devious. "Well, enjoy the party." I waved to Mark and walked as sensually as possible back to Nico. His face did not look happy. Not one bit. "Here's your punch," I exclaimed, handing Nico his drink while finishing the last of mine. Nico grumbled a thank you, but didn't take a sip. Another hour or two passed about the same way. I would pass by Mark and we'd have a flirty conversation, then Nico would grumble and frown. Eventually we wound up on a couch with me running a distracted hand in his hair and him glaring at Mark from across the room.

"So, do you like that guy or something?" Nico asked. He didn't look at me, but kept his burning gaze at Mark, who would occasionally wink in my direction or brush a hand on my shoulder as he walked by. The touching made me uncomfortable so I think it's time to put an end to this.

"Nico." I said his name firmly. He didn't look at me. "Nico, Nico, Nico, Nico." He still didn't look. I scooted towards him on the couch a brushed a kiss on his cheek. Still no look. "Nico, look at me," I whispered. I kissed his jaw where it met with the bottom of his ear. He still didn't look at me. I sighed.

"Mark is a really creepy guy, Nico. You know that. Everyone knows that." Nico huffed in agreement. "I am in no way attracted to him, okay? I was just messing with you," I explained. I waited for the exasperated laugh that usually comes from my teasing, but instead I saw his jaw tighten and Nico looked at me with nothing but anger. I felt my stomach drop, but before I could say anything, he had pulled me up off of the couch and we were going down a hallway. Nico's grip on my arm wasn't painful, but it was more firm than when he had escorted me places before.

"Nico, listen, Nico I'm sorry, I shouldn't have messed with you, it wasn't nice and I won't try it again..." I continued to apologize as he walked into a room with me soon after and he shut the door. "Please don't be mad anymore, please? I can't handle it when you're mad at mmhw-?!" My apologies were interrupted by a kiss. A very hard kiss in fact, that took my breath away. Nico's lips consumed my own until I was gasping for air. He nipped at my jaw and placed careful kisses all along my neck that made me stumble backwards in my ridiculous shoes. My small yelp brought Nico out of whatever spell he was under and he scrambled away from me. His lips were red and his hair was a mess and I don't think I had ever felt so sick in my life. Why did I think that hurting him on purpose was a good idea? How would that make sense? I felt myself start to shake and I kicked off the heels.

Nico watched as I slid to the floor, but held his arms close to him as if shielding himself from me.

"Why would you do that, (Y/N)?" Nico asked. His voice was raw. I felt the tingling in my face that meant I was going to cry. "Do you like making me feel bad? Is that it?" I shook my head slowly. Nico's shoulders slumped and he ran his hands over his face. "Is what I'm doing not enough? Do you want more than me and what I can give?" Nico's face began to flush.

Oh gods, oh no, I'm making him cry, what's wrong with me?! I thought.

I shook my head violently and wiped at my eyes. "I want you, I'll always want you, silly," I laughed. With my shaky breath it just sounded like more crying probably. "It's just that- just that you're never jealous. And, I don't know, when you are it makes me feel like I'm wanted. It's just nice to have that extra reassurance I guess." I shrugged. "It's not your fault, and I'm sorry that I hurt y-you.." Some more tears came to my eyes and my breathing became more of a hiccup. Nico sighed and slowly moved back over to me. He sat down beside me. "I'm s-sorry, Nico," I apologized again and he pulled me into his arms for a tight hug.

"I forgive you." Nico kissed my head and squeezed me even tighter to him. "Also, I get jealous almost anytime a boys smiles at you. I'm just getting good at controlling it. I don't like being jealous." He kissed my head again. "And I always want you. Every second. But if you just want to be reminded, all you have to do is ask." The familiar and calming feel of him eased my hiccup crying and I returned his hug, climbing into his lap and pressing my tear stained face into his shoulder.
"You're mine, you know that?" He asked quietly. Nico ran his hands up and down my back soothingly. "You'll always only be mine, (Y/N)." I took my face away from his shirt and dared to look him in the eyes. They were chocolatey and forgiving and they made my heart melt as per usual. I took my hands and cupped his sweet face between them.

"I love you, you know that?" I asked him. I gave a shy smile and kissed him on the nose. Nico nodded and his eyes fluttered down to my lips once again, with his dark lashes almost brushing my face. Nico leaned forward and kissed me again, softly.

"Can we leave this party now?" He mumbled against my skin where his lips were still grazing. I laughed and nodded. "Also, those shoes looked really nice on you."

"Really? Did I start walking in them the right way?" Probably the most important question of the evening. I honestly think that I figured it out by trying to flirt with Mark.

"Oh Gods, I don't know, (Y/N). You were just cute when you fell over all the time." Nico's deep laugh filled my heart as I smacked him on the arm.

"Jerk." I stuck my tongue out at him.

Nico stared at me dreamily. "I love you. Kind of a lot a think," He murmured. Nico smiled at me and my heart nearly exploded.

"I love you a kind of a lot too, Nico," I whispered.