Chapter 21| Touch Of Feelings

Business at the restaurant was extremely slow today but Sohyun didn't mind. She liked the change from the restless activity and after this week, she was grateful for it. The sudden realization that this was now her life fully sunk in as she thought about it. Living a somewhat normal life working endlessly at the restaurant with customers that occasionally made her job harder than it should and then working for SK Assassin and training while her personal issues were thrown into the mix. Waking up early and working late throughout the night it had its effects on her. Good and bad.

But it was a good distraction and had a lot of ups to it. Like her making friends for example, reconnecting with the community. The later she worked the longer it held her from going to sleep. Though she liked sleeping, her cursed brain made it hard for her to enjoy sleeping. She hated how everything in her life turned for the bitter worse. Sohyun would pay, die to be given another chance at her life. Change the decisions she made that day. Just going home after school would have made the outcome of things so much different. If only she wasn't so oblivious and stupid to the reality in front of her. Trust was such a tricky thing. It's given easily and breaks just as easy. It was like a vase sheltering flowers, if broken, shatters of glass that would be close to impossible to fix laid messily on the floor as the flowers die out.

Letting go of the past was hard to do because of how everything unraveled, none in her favor. Though, she was determined to let go of it one day.

With not many orders for Sohyun to cater to, she decided to take a break with a person that was the exact opposite of how she felt on the inside; Hoseok. Since there weren't many customers, he didn't have any orders or cleaning to do at the moment. The two were in the kitchen leaning against the island counter. Sohyun was inspecting her chocolate chip muffin before peeling the paper wrapper down and taking a bite.

"So, I heard you had a mission with Jungkook," Hoseok said.

Sohyun looked at him, a lopsided smile on her face as she raised her brow. "Who told you that?"

Hoseok smiled as he propped his arm on the counter, eyeing Sohyun. "It's hard not to know when Yoongi was shouting about it to Namjoon in his office."

Sohyun's face slowly fell as curiosity filled her. "Why was he shouting?"

Hoseok glanced down at the tiled floors. "Well, he was upset."

Sohyun furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would he be upset?"

Hoseok grinned as he looked back up at her. "You sure do have a lot of questions. I didn't even get to ask how your mission with Jungkook even went."

"Oh, it was great. I got to jump out of a window, land on top of a dumpster lid, and roll onto the ground," Sohyun said with a smile plastered on her face as she faked enthusiasm.

Hoseok laughed. "Sounds like a good assassin mission to me."

"Sohyun had her first assassin mission?" Taehyung asked and he entered the kitchen.

They both looked back at Taehyung. "Not really. Jungkook's the one who did the assassination," Sohyun said.

"Shouldn't you guys be working?" a sudden deep, quiet voice asked.

Sohyun turned around to see Yoongi walking out of the back kitchen, his face flushed.

"There's no work to do," Taehyung replied.

"Why is everyone coming in here?" Hoseok asked.

"Why is everyone in the kitchen while I'm trying to cook?" Yoongi said, slightly annoyed.

"Yoongi?" Sohyun called out, his eyes immediately latching onto her. "Are you ok? Your face looks pretty red."

Yoongi awkwardly rubbed the nape of his neck that was also heated as he looked away. "Y-yeah."