Chapter 22| Deep Diving

Namjoon decided to close the restaurant today and everyone was free from any missions since Namjoon thought they needed a break. Everyone got the day off except for him, stressing over the J.Y.O case as he tried to finalize everything and set up the mission’s plan.

Sohyun sat up in her bed with tired eyes, not knowing what to do. The choice of staying in bed all day or getting up weighed heavily on her. Finally deciding to get out of her bed, she went into her bathroom to take a shower. After she finished getting dressed, she grabbed her phone off the nightstand and walked into the kitchen. She placed her phone on the counter as she went to open the refrigerator. As she was eyeing the items in her fridge, trying to figure out what to eat, her phone started to ring. Sohyun picked her phone up and looked at the caller ID, a sigh leaving her mouth as she answered the phone.

“Hello?” Sohyun said.

“Do you want to come over to headquarters to train?” Yoongi asked.

“No.”

“Come on, Sohyun. We don’t have work today and I doubt you have anything to do. You promised-”

He was right about her having nothing to do, but Sohyun still thought it was rude to assume that.

“Alright, fine,” Sohyun said, already knowing what he was going to say which would end with her going down there anyway. Sohyun leaned against the counter, chewing the inside of her cheek.

“Hurry up and come down here.”

Sohyun was silent for a moment. “Yoongi, I don’t have a car. If you want me there then you’re going to have to pick me up.”

Sohyun heard a sigh and shuffling on his side of his phone. “Right.”

“See you in thirty?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi replied before hanging up.

Sohyun shoved her phone in the pocket of her thin hoodie and opened the refrigerator again. She looked over everything for a minute before deciding on leftover pizza. Being too lazy to warm it up, Sohyun just grabbed the cold slice, throwing the box away. She ate the cold slice of pizza as she plopped down on the couch.

About half an hour later, Sohyun was sprawled out on the couch with her head on the armrest asleep. Her eyes flew open as she quickly sat up from hearing banging on the door. Sohyun quickly made her way to the door, almost tripping over the couch. She cracked the door open to see who was behind it. Her hazel lively eyes met with Yoongi’s irritated and annoyed ones, a slight frown on his face that she found kind of cute.

Yoongi’s irritated look dissipated as his eyes meet Sohyun’s. Her natural wavy hair messily lad on her head. Yoongi’s eyes wandered over her face.
Her eyelashes fluttered against her glowing skin and her eyes seemed brighter than normal as the gold in them sparkled. He glanced down to her twisted lips that were more plump than usual. Noticing Sohyun shuffle in her spot, his eyes flickered back up to her eyes.

“It’s me. Yoongi,” he said as he gently pushed the door open. “Can you hurry up?”

Sohyun grabbed her keys and then followed Yoongi to his car after locking the door. “Sorry, I fell asleep,” Sohyun said as she opened the door to his car. Sohyun plopped into the seat and slammed the door closed, Yoongi following pursuit and starting the car. “How long were you waiting?”

“For about ten minutes,” Yoongi said as he drove down the road.

She glanced at him. “Ah, I’m sorry.” Sohyun sat back, looking out the window.

Yoongi eyed her for a moment before looking back at the road. He tilted his head to the side slightly as he pushed his tongue against the inside of his cheek.