Chapter 13| The Reality Of Working

Sohyun was in the restaurant cleaning tables when Yoongi walked over to her. Not noticing him there, she flinched and looked at him with horrified eyes when his hand grazed hers as he took the rag out of her hand and took over her job of wiping the table.

“How come you had your phone on silent yesterday?” Yoongi asked with his back facing Sohyun.

Sohyun’s eyes were fixated on his back as the muscles flexed underneath his tight black dress shirt. She closed her eyes tightly and shook her head to regain her focus.

“I was out with Jungkook yesterday so I had my phone on silent,” Sohyun replied.

Yoongi stopped cleaning the table as he put both of his hands on the table, his muscles tensing up. He let out a deep sigh before turning around to face Sohyun. His dark brown eyes burned a hole into her form by his perfervid stare. It made Sohyun want to hide. She felt as if her skin was set ablaze and was curling back from the intense heat. The way he looked at her was as if she committed the most heinous crime right in front of him.

Sohyun painfully gulped as she forced herself to look back into his dimly lit meaningful eyes that trapped her in her spot.

“Is that why you wanted to leave yesterday? Because you made plans with him?” Yoongi asked, his voice sounding broken.

Sohyun expected a harsh tone of anger and foul words to leave his mouth as he lectured her about something she did wrong once again but was surprised to hear a quiet and calm voice that may have been laced with the smallest bit of sadness.

“Yoongi-”

“Sohyun, I was-” Yoongi paused, thinking how to word things. “I thought-” He gave up with his words, not able to express what he really wanted to say, and sighed. “Am I that horrible to be around that you wanted to ditch training?”

Sohyun’s glistening eyes softened as she looked at him. The look of betrayal written all over his mopey face she knew way too well. She felt her heart shatter just by looking at him even though she did nothing wrong in her mind. Yoongi already compared himself with Jungkook and this situation wasn’t helping whatever thoughts he had already put in his fallacious mind. 

“No! Of course not,” Sohyun reassured him. “I ran into him on my way out. I promise I didn’t know he was there or made any plans with him before. We decide to go out after we bumped into each other. I was honestly just being lazy and didn’t want to do any physical work. I won’t leave early during sessions anymore, you can hold me to that.” Sohyun mumbled, “No matter how long it is.”

Yoongi nodded his head as he glanced at the floor. He straightened up as he looked back at Sohyun. “You should always have your phone on. What if we had an unexpected mission or something bad happened?” Yoongi asked, his attitude along with the atmosphere suddenly changing. Whatever emotions he had about the topic left as his regular demeanor appeared again, a little too quickly for Sohyun’s liking.

Of course this conversation had turned into a lecture, Sohyun thought. We can never have a completely normal conversation.

“Just think-”

“Sohyun, I need your help with an order,” Taehyung said as he passed by in a hurry. 

Sohyun looked at Taehyung, grateful to get out of the lecture for who knows how long. She flashed a quick smile at Yoongi before scurrying off to Taehyung’s side, leaving him bewildered.

“I owe you,” Sohyun said as she followed Taehyung into the kitchen.

Taehyung glanced at her, confused. “For what?”